Chapter Six : Mini dogs

Thirteen wakes up alone on Steve's couch. She stands up and stretches.

"Mornin." Steve says. "How'd you sleep?" He asks.

"Good." Thirteen says.

"You should probably head home. Your Dad is probably worried sick." Steve says.

"He's not my Dad." Thirteen says.

"Whatever he is, he's probably worried about you." Steve says.

"I'm not going back." Thirteen says. "He'll get mad at me just like he got mad at El."

Steve sighs. "I guess you can hang low here for a bit." Steve says. "I've got problems of my own though." The phone rings. "Be right back." Steve says. He leaves the room.

Thirteen sighs. She wants to go back but she's scared to see what she'll find. Steve comes back into the room. "Hey I've gotta go do something." He says. "Wanna tag along?"

Thirteen nods her head and they both get in the car. "Woah, I need to take you shopping real quick. You need some clothes that fit you." Steve says. He starts driving to a bargain store. They both go inside.

Steve buys Thee a hoodie, t-shirt, sweats, and a pair of white sneakers. Thee puts the clothes on in the bathroom and the two start driving somewhere.

"Where are we going?" Thirteen asks.

"I need to apologize to someone." Steve says. "Wait here." Steve grabs some flowers and walks up to a house. Steve gets stopped by a curly haired boy and the boy gets in the car. Steve starts driving.

"My friend Dustin said that he caught a monster." Steve says.

A few minutes later, Steve and Thirteen and Dustin get to Dustin's house.

Dustin says. "Wait, who's this?"

"Thirteen." Steve says. "Now where's this monster?"

"He's in the storm cellar." Dustin says.

"This better not be some stupid Halloween prank Henderson." Steve says. Steve opens the doors and walks down the stairs. Thirteen follows slowly behind.

Steve picks up a gooey goo with his baseball bat. "What the hell?"

Dustin comes down and looks in a hole in the wall with Steve.

"Ok, we should get some rest and come up with a plan tomorrow." Steve says. "Ok?"

Thirteen nods and Dustin nods. "Great idea." Dustin says.
________________________________

The next day Thirteen, Steve, and Dustin are walking down train tracks and dropping cubes of meat. Steve is talking to Dustin about getting girls.

"Wait, so your name is Thirteen? Like the number?" Dustin asks.

"Yes." Thirteen says. Dustin stops infront of her. He grabs her wrist and see the numbers 013. Dustin gasps.

"You're from the lab!" He says.

"H-how do you know?" Thirteen asks.

"There was this girl, Eleven. She was taken by the Demogorgon about a year ago." Dustin says.

"Oh." Thirteen says. They continue walking.

"So what powers do you have?" Dustin asks.

"Same as El." Thirteen says. "I can do things with my mind."

"Woah woah woah, you're from the lab?!" Steve exclaims.

"Prove it." Dustin says. He puts his bucket on the ground.

"Dustin chill out." Steve says. Thirteen lifts the bucket in the air with her powers and then sets it down. She wipes the blood on her sleeve.

"Anyway, do you even know what we're doing?" Dustin asks.

"Dustin, chill on the questions man." Steve says.

Dustin ignores Steve. "We are trying to fight these mini Demogorgon things. "You see, one ate my cat."

Thirteen nods. A few minutes later, the three get to a junkyard.

"Come on! Where's Lucas?!" Dustin exclaims.

"I'm right here." Lucas says. He rides his bike over to us. The is an orange haired girl on the back.

"Who are you?" Steve asks the girl.

"Max." She says. "Who are you?"

"Steve Harrington." Steve says.

"Wait, who's this?" Lucas asks. He points at Thirteen.

"This is Thirteen." Steve says.

"She's from the lab." Dustin says.

"The short hair explains it." Lucas says.

"Alright, let's get to work." Steve says.