Chapter Fourteen: Badass

The next morning, Thirteen wakes up and puts on a blue Kate Bush t-shirt and some light blue, ripped jean shorts.

Thirteen looks at her demo-dog scratch scar in the mirror. She starts to feel insecure about it.

"Don't worry about it." Eddie says. He is standing at the door. "It looks badass."

Thirteen laughs and puts on some blue high top Nikes. She puts some sunglasses on her head and goes to the kitchen.

Eddie made some pancakes.

"Eddie, you made breakfast? Since when do you even know how to cook?" Thirteen asks.

"Sweetheart, today is a big day for you. I'm also offended, I know how to cook. Well, I kinda was up late studying how to make pancakes." Eddie laughs. So does Thirteen.

Thirteen sits at the small table with Eddie.

"Eddie, I don't know what to say to him." Thirteen says. "I guess I'm just nervous but now I'm overthinking."

"Thee, don't overthink this." Eddie says. He sees that she's still worried. "How about this, I come into the ice cream shop with you and I sit and watch. I'll be there the whole time."

"Ummmm. Ok. That's good." Thirteen says. She's still worried.

"You look badass. It's just, Kate Bush? Really? I'd go with Ozzy Osbourne or Metallica." Eddie says.

Thirteen laughs. So does Eddie. "Eddie, these pancakes are amazing!" Thirteen says as she takes a bite.

Eddie smiles. "Thanks. I got the recipe from some random book that I found in my uncles room." He laughs. "You ready?"

"Ready than I'll ever be." Thirteen says.

————————————————————————

Thirteen and Eddie park outside the mall.

"Remember, you got this." Eddie says.

Thirteen and Eddie walk into the mall. They walk to the escalator and get on.

People are starting at Thirteen. She looks down to avoid the stares.

Eddie notices and a woman looks at her arm is disgust.

"What are you looking at?" Eddie says.

Thirteen smiles at Eddie protecting her. "Thanks." She says.

The two both stand in front of Scoops Ahoy. Thirteen takes a deep breath.

"Remember Thirteen, I'm here. And be badass." Eddie says. "But also be yourself."

Thirteen nods her head and she walks in. Eddie follows her and he sits at a table.

Steve is taking orders from people and there is a big line. Thirteen waits for about 10 minutes. She is the last one in line.

Thirteen walks up to the counter and Steve is looking through the window to the back.

A few seconds later he looks at Thirteen and his eyes go wide. So many emotions show on his face. Tears fall down his eyes.

"T-Thirteen?" He asks.

Thirteen nods her head and tears drop down her face.

Steve jumps over the counter and hugs Thirteen. Thirteen hugs him back. They both start crying.

"You- You're alive?!" Steve exclaims.

"Y-yeah." Thirteen says. She sniffles. "I'm alive."

Steve kisses Thirteen on the lips and Thirteen kisses him back. "I missed you so much." Steve says.

"I missed you more." Thirteen says. She laughs. Steve laughs as well.

"Come to the back. I want to introduce you and ask you some questions." Steve says.

"Ok." Thirteen says. She follows Steve to the back and looks back at Eddie. Eddie smiles at her and Thee smiles back.

Steve takes Thirteen to the back. Their hands are locked together.

"Robin, Dustin, this is Thirteen." Steve says.

"You're alive?!" Dustin exclaims.

"Yeah." Thirteen says.

"Who's this?" Robin asks. "Ohhhh. Is this the girl you won't shut up about?"

Steve smiles and nods his head.