Chapter Twenty Eight : Upside Back

Thee runs into the nearest house. She keeps saying, "no, no,no."

Thee is still wearing a white suit. It's a one piece. Thee runs upstairs in the house and hides under a bed. She breathes heavier.

"I-I can't be back here." She says.

Thee starts to have a panic attack. She sits on top of the bed and hugs her knees. Trying to breath.

"It's ok. It's ok." Thee says. "You've been here before. You can live."

Thee slows her breathing and looks around the house. She finds a milk jug in the fridge but it's empty.

Thee grabs the jug and heads out to find a source of water. She eventually finds a small stream and fills the jug. She takes a sip and it tastes nasty. She takes it back to the house.

A howl of a demo dog is heard in the distance. And a screech of a flesh-eating bat. Thee runs back inside the house and slams the door.

—————————————————————————

A few days later, Thee has lost multiple pounds from only eating one small meal a day and water.

The bats have attacked her a few times but Thee has fought them off with her powers. She has a huge chunk of flesh missing on her stomach and on the side of her stomach. Her white clothing is now stained red.

Everything hurts on Thee's body. She has cuts on her ankles and wrists from the bats long spider legs.

Thee is laying down on the bed and drinking water. Her body was able to handle the Upside Down for years but now it's just done. An earthquake hits. They've been getting more frequent as the days go on.

Thee hears the screech of bats and she hides under the bed, breathing heavily.

She hears a window break and a sharp pain hits her ankle. A bat broke in. Thee screams and uses her powers to choke it out. She starts coughing up blood.

"Oh come on!" She says. The flesh missing in her stomach must be making her cough up blood. Thee lays down under the bed and starts to get dizzy, there is blood on her chin now and she passes out.

She wakes up a few hours later and she hears the front door bust open. She starts shaking and breathing heavily.

The thinks "did someone from the lab find me?"

She hears multiple footsteps downstairs and she starts breathing more heavily and she starts shaking.

Thee can hear two voices but she can't figure out who talking. She hears them walk up the stairs and into the room she's in. They open the closet door and grab something and set it on top of the bed.

"Those aren't guns." Someone says. It sounds like Eddie. Then she hears Robin. And then Nancy.

Thee starts coughing up more blood and the voices go silent.

"I think there's someone in here." Robin says.

"Hello?" Eddie asks.

Nancy looks under the bed and sees Thirteen.

"Thee!!" She says. She helps Thee out from under the bed.

"Oh my god." Eddie says. "Are you ok?" He asks.

Thee nods. She smiles and hugs Eddie. She starts crying and Robin hugs her.

"What are you doing here sweetheart?" Eddie asks.

"It-Its a long story." Thee says.

Nancy starts looking around and Eddie helps Thee stand up. "Whoa, you need a bandage or something." Eddie says.

"Nancy, where do you keep your first aid?" Robin asks.

"In my closet." Nancy says. "Guys, the last entry in this diary is the day Will went missing. When the gate opened."

"Dustin!!" Someone yells downstairs. Thee's face lights up.

"Is that who I think it is?" Thee asks. Eddie nods and smiles.

The four run downstairs to see Steve yelling at nothing.

"Dustin!!! HELLO!!!" He yells. Then he looks at the group of four staring at him like he's gone crazy.

"Maybe he really does have rabies." Robin says. Thee laughs.

"He's here." Steve says, not noticing Thee yet. "Henderson here. I hear him." Steve says. "He's in the walls." Then he notices Thee. "Oh my god." He says. He immediately goes and hugs Thee.

"S-steve, that hurts." Thee says.

"Oh I'm sorry." Steve says. He kisses Thee and Thee kisses him back. "How are you here?" He asks.

"It's a long story." She says.

"Henderson is in the walls." Steve says. Dustin's voice is heard.

"Dustin!" Nancy yells.

"Dustin?" Eddie looks behind a curtain and Thee collapses on the couch.

Steve immediately sits next to her. "You ok? You're covered in blood."

"The first aid is on the table." Robin says.

Steve helps Thee to the kitchen table and has her sit on it.

"Steve, you ok?" Thee asks. "Your stomach is all bloody."

"I'm fine." Steve says. "You look much worse though." He gets a wrap from the kit. "You wearing a bra?"

"Yeah." Thee says. Steve pulls down the top of Thee's suit and reveals the flesh missing.

"Holy shit Thee." Steve says. "There no liquid in this box!" He says.

"There's a jug of water under Nancy's bed." Thee quietly says.

Steve sprints upstairs and then back downstairs. He has the jug and he puts it on a cloth.

"This is going to hurt like hell." Steve says.

"Just do it." Thee says. She closes her eyes as her bruises start burning. She squeezes her eyes shut and she feels a wrap go around her stomach.

She slowly opens her eyes and she sees Steve focusing on the wrap. He ties it and then looks at Thee.

"Is that all of the missing flesh?" He asks.

"Yeah." Thee says. She starts getting dizzy. Steve notices.

"Hey, focus on me." He says. Thee looks Steve in the eyes and drinks some water.

Eddie tosses a shirt at Steve. "Here, I still have my jacket." He says.

"Thanks." Steve says. He puts the shirt on Thee and runs his hand over her short shaved head.

Nancy and the others are surrounding a light with little sparkles floating around it.

Nancy reaches her hand up and two lights start to get bright.

"Whoa." Eddie says.

Everyone sticks their hand up in the sparkles and the lights get bright.

"It tickles." Steve says.

"It kinda feels good." Thee says.

"Does anyone know Morse code?" Nancy asks.

"I do." Thee says. "But I can't think straight right now."

"Does SOS count?" Eddie asks. He starts flicking SOS into the lights.

The five run up to Nancy's room after Dustin tells them a plan.

Nancy writes hi and Eddie says, "HI."

Thee laughs and hugs Steve. Nancy writes and Dustin explains about the gates. The five then grab a bike each except there are only four so Thee is going to stand on the back of Steve's bike.

They all start riding to Eddie's trailer. Thee feels like she's going to fall asleep but she fights to stay awake.