Chapter Twenty Four : Dream Life

A few months later, Thirteen has been living with Steve. His parents are never home. Thirteen is pretty happy right now. She goes to Hawkins High. She's 18 but she wanted to see what school is like. She's friends with Eddie, Mike, Max, Lucas, and Dustin. She absolutely hates this kid named Jason. He thinks he's so great and cool. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thee's alarm goes off. 6:30am. Thee groans and gets up. She puts on a t-shirt and some ripped jeans. She puts on her black converse and kisses Steve's forehead. "See you later sleepyhead. I'll be at Family Video by 3:30.

"See you tonight Thee." Steve says. He kisses Thee's forehead. Thee leaves and gets on her bike. Its the same one that Hopper gave her.

Thirteen plays her mixtape and starts riding to school. It's about a fifteen minute bike ride and school starts at 7:30. When Thee gets to school, she starts walking to her first class. She takes a shortcut through the gym and Jason sees her. 

"Hey Thirteen!" Jason yells. "What the hell are you doing in my gym?!" Jason asks. "You're supposed to be dead like your father!" Jason and his friends laugh. Lucas just stands there, looking down.

Thirteen looks down. She's had enough of Jason treating her like shit everyday. She looks at Jason. "Well, I'd rather be dead than have to look at you." Jason's friends laughs.

Jason gets mad and starts running after Thirteen. Thirteen runs to the top of the bleachers. Jason gets to the top and tackles Thee.

"That's a foul!" Thirteen says. She laughs.

Jason starts punching Thirteen but Thirteen kicks him in the nuts and shoves him down the bleachers. Jason looses his balance and starts tumbling down the bleachers. 

"Take that you motherfuckin' bitch!!" Thirteen yells. She has blood all over her shirt and face. Thee sighs. "I guess I'm going back home."

Thirteen runs out the doors and gets on her bike. She rides it back to Steve's house. Steve is still home. Thirteen runs inside and up to the bathroom.

"Thee!! You good?" Steve asks. He stands outside the bathroom.

"I'm fine. Just another fight." Thirteen says.

Steve opens the door and sees all of the blood. "Oh Thee." He says. He helps clean off the blood and he grabs Thee a different shirt.

"At least tell me who won." Steve says.

"I shoved Jason down the bleachers and he went tumbling. I don't really know who won." Thirteen says.

"Well at least you got him back this time." Steve says. "I have to head to the store in an hour. You coming with?"

"Nah. I'll probably just go for a bike ride or something." Thirteen says.

"Ugh. Can't you just come with?" Steve asks. He teases Thee and plants kisses on her neck. Thirteen laughs and kisses Steve on the lips. Steve starts ticking Thirteen. She is very ticklish. 

Thirteen runs down the stairs and Steve chases her. Thee runs into the kitchen and Steve corners her. They are both smiling and Steve traps her in the corner and tickles her. Thirteen can't stop laughing.

"S-Steve! My stomach hurts!" Thirteen laughs. She runs under Steve's legs and sprints outside to the pool. Thirteen stands at the edge of the deep end and she's trapped. Steve tickles her and Thee falls into the pool, still laughing. 

Underwater, thirteen breathes in the water from laughing and she can't breathe. Steve jumps in and swims down to carry Thee back up. When they get to the surface, Thirteen coughs up some water and starts laughing again. Steve laughs along with her. They both lay down on the tan concrete outside the pool.

"You're an idiot Steve Harrington." Thirteen says.

"You're beautiful Thirteen Harrington." Steve says.

"Harrington?" Thirteen asks. She laughs and blushes at the name.

"One day Thee, we'll be married and have bunch of kids. I'm talking like 6 kids. 3 boys and 3 girls. A full brood of Harrington's. Six little nuggets. Our Six little nuggets." Steve says. He looks over at Thirteen. Thirteen is looking at him, smiling. "Every summer we'll all go in our own big camper, we'll all pack in and just go around and see the country. Go see the world."

Thirteen smiles. "I'd love to do that. I've always wanted to see the world."

Steve smiles and sits up next to Thirteen. Steve pulls her in for a passionate kiss and Thirteen leans in and tangles her fingers in his hair. After 45 seconds they pull away for air.

"I love you Steve." Thirteen says.

"I love you Thirteen." Steve says back.