Chapter Seven : Demo Dogs

Everyone puts metal around an old bus and they find some weapons around the junkyard.

A few hours later, it is nighttime.

Thirteen is in a corner with a blindfold around her eyes and a static radio is on

She is in the dark place. There is a walkie talkie sitting on the table in the cabin.

"It's me." Hopper says through the speaker. "I know that I've been gone too long and uhh... Eleven, I want you to know it's not about you and I want you to know it's not about our fight. Thirteen, where ever you are, I'm sorry for whatever made you leave. Both of you, I'm not mad, I'm just sorry."

Thirteen takes the blindfold off and tears start falling down her eyes. She turns the radio off.

"Hey Thee, you ok?" Steve asks. He wraps his arms around Thirteen.

Thirteen shakes her head no and starts crying. "H-Hopper has not been at the cabin either." Thirteen says. "He said he is sorry for everything he has done but he should not be!" Thirteen sobs. "He is like a Father to me."

"Hey, you'll see him again." Steve says. "I promise."

Thirteen looks up at Steve and smiles. "You promise?" She asks.

"I know you will see Hopper again." Steve says. "Ok? Don't worry."

Thirteen nods her head and she looks out a crack in the bus. She can see fog.

Steve walks over to her and wraps his arm around her. "And we will defeat these things."

"10 o'clock!!!" Lucas yells. "10 o'clock!!!"

"Why aren't they going to the big pile?" Max asks.

"Maybe they're tired of cow." Steve says.

Steve grabs a baseball bat with metal nails sticking out of it.

"Steve, where are you going?" Thirteen asks.

"Don't worry, I'll be right back." Steve says. He kisses Thirteens forehead and goes outside.

"What is he doing?!" Thirteen asks.

"Expanding the menu." Dustin says.

"He's insane." Max says.

"He's awesome." Dustin says.

"Steve!!!" Lucas yells.

"I'm a little busy here!!" Steve says.

"3 o'clock!!!! 3 o'clock!!!" Lucas yells.

There are more of the monsters behind him.

"Shit!" Thirteen yells. She runs outside the bus door and uses her powers to kill the demo-dogs behind Steve. Her nose is bleeding out of both nostrils. She is killing more than 15 demo-dogs at once.

Thirteen falls to the ground. A demo dog runs towards her but Steve whacks it with his bat.

"You okay?" Steve asks. He helps Thirteen up and puts her arm over his shoulder.

Thirteen nods. Steve and Thirteen run into the bus and more demo dogs try to get in.

Suddenly, they stop. "Did Steve scare them off?" Dustin asks.

"No, no way. They're going somewhere." Steve says. "Come on." Steve walks in the direction of where the demo dogs went.

Thirteen trips on a stick in the woods. She groans.

"Thee, you okay? You look a bit drained." Steve says.

"I-I'm fine." Thirteen says.

Steve picks Thirteen up bridal style and carries her through the woods.

Everyone gets to a cliff and Thirteen looks beyond it. The lab is there.

Thirteens eyes widen and her breathing increases. Demo dog screams and growls are echoing. Thirteen closes her eyes.

Thirteen is back in the Upside down. She is hiding under a bed in an old house. The floors creak. A demo dog screams.

"Thee, are you sure you're ok?" Steve asks.

Thirteen opens her eyes. "Steve, I'm fine." Thirteen says. "Just some.... Flashbacks."

Steve holds Thirteen tighter. "Don't worry, I got you. The people in the lab will never get you again."

Everyone walks down through the woods to the entrance of the lab.

"Who's there?" Someone on the road asks.

"Nancy?" Steve asks.

"Steve?" Nancy and Johnathan say.

"What are you doing here?" Nancy asks.

"I could ask you the same thing." Steve says.

"We think Will and Mike are here." Nancy says.

"They're not in there are they?" Steve asks.

"We think they are. Why?" Nancy asks.

The monsters scream again.

"That's why." Steve says.