Chapter Twelve: Life goes on

A year passes. Thirteen is said to be dead. Steve works at Scoops Ahoy in the new Starcourt mall with a girl Robin.

Steve misses Thirteen so much. He looks for distractions. His main distraction is his friend Robin.

Hopper misses Thirteen too. A few days after the incident, Hopper would drink alcohol until he blacked out.

El misses her sister, she has one main distraction, her boyfriend Mike. Hopper always gets mad at them for not having the door open and for not staying 3 inches apart from each other.

————————————————————————

A few months earlier............

Thirteen gasps for air. She feels pain everywhere. She groans. She looks around and sees dust flying in the air.

"No. No. THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!!!!" Thirteen screams. She is in the Upside Down.

"SHIT!" She screams. Her ankle is super bloods and so is her arm.

Thirteen limps over to a house. She finds medical supplies and she wraps her ankle and arm.

"I-I can't be stuck here again. Not again." Thirteen says. She cries and wraps her arms around her knees.

"I need you Steve." Thirteen says. "I love you."

6 months later, Thirteen is still struggling in the Upside Down. She has long hair now, she hasn't cut it.

Thirteen wakes up and looks out the window of the house she's in.

"Is that, a gate?" Thirteen asks herself. She runs over to it and sees a bunch of people with a big machine.

Thirteen goes through the gate and everyone stares at her.

"кто ты?" (Who are you?) a man in a green suit asks.

Thirteens eyes open wide. "Oh shit. Was that Russian?" She asks herself. Thirteen runs through a door and Russians start chasing her.

"SHIT!!" She yells. She runs down a hallway that seems endless. She gets cornered in a room with boxes. She uses her powers to blast people away.

Then a gunshot. Thirteen feels a wave of pain in her shoulder. She screams.

Russians run up to her and start kicking her and punching her. Everything goes black.

________________________________

Thirteen wakes up and she hears an electric razor.

"Please don't cut my hair!!" Thirteen says. She screams as she feels her hair being shaved off. Pain rushes through her body from her shoulder and her infected ankle and arm.

Thirteen screams louder and her power blasts everywhere. The guy shaving her hair passes out and Thee uses her powers to break the ropes.

Thirteen runs through the hallway again and she gets to the same room where she was shot. She pushes a button that says, "close door." She uses her powers to lift the room up to the surface.

After she gets to the surface, Thirteen runs. She runs far away.

————————————————————————

6 months later, Thirteen lives in a trailer with a teenager named Eddie Munson. He saw her on the side of the road and he took her in. Eddie and Thee are best friends.

Thirteen would have went back to Hopper and El, but she saw her own grave. Everyone thinks that she's dead.

Thirteen gets up out of bed and heads out to the couch next to Eddie. Thirteen has brown hair that goes down just below her shoulders.

"Morning sweetheart." Eddie says. Sweetheart is Eddies nickname for Thirteen, just in a friend kind of way.

"Morning." Thirteen says. "I think I'm gonna go to that mall that opened a few weeks ago."

"What if someone sees you?" Eddie asks.

"They won't, I'm gonna wear a hoodie and some sunglasses." Thirteen says.

"Okay, whatever. I'm playing with the band today." Eddie says.

Thirteen has told Eddie about everything a month after they met. Eddie believes everything about the upside down and stuff. Thirteen has a massive scar on her ankle and arm. She has a bullet scar on her shoulder too.

Thirteen goes back to her room and puts on some jean shorts and a t-shirt. She puts Steve's hoodie on and puts on some sunglasses. She puts on some black vans and goes to her car and drives away.