Chapter Twenty Six : Brenner and Owens

The next evening around 3:00 right after school, Thee and Steve walk sit on the bleachers at Lucas's game.

"So, you excited?" Steve asks.

"For what? The game?" Logan asks.

"Yeah." Steve says. He puts his arm around Thee's shoulders and Thee leans on him.

They watch the game together but around halftime, Thee has to head to Family Video.

"I love you Steve." Thee says. She kisses him when they both get in the car. Thee's things are already in the back.

Steve starts driving to family video. A few minutes later, they arrive. Steve kisses Thee. "I'm gonna miss you Thee." He says.

They both get out of the car and Thee grabs Steve's duffel bag with her clothes and stuff in it. Steve kisses Thee and Thee kisses him back.

"I love you Thee." Steve says.

"I love you too Steve." Thee says.

"Do you have to do this? You've been through enough." Steve says.

"Yes Steve." Thee says. She hugs him. "I'll see you again. I promise."

Steve and Thirteen lean their foreheads against each other for a few seconds.

"Okay." Steve says. He hugs her and watches her walk into Owens black car.

__________________________________

Thee falls asleep in the back of the car and wakes up a few hours later.

"Where are we?" Thee asks.

"We are going to get Eleven." Owens says. "We kinda have to do a car chase."

"Wait what?" Thee asks.

"El is going to jail or juvie so we have to get her before she gets there." Owens says. "Just ask her later."

"Where are we?" Thee asks.

"Basically the middle of no where." Owens says. "But we are following the truck that El is in right now."

The black car starts a speeding up and start surrounding the van. The van stops and the man unlocks the door.

Eleven crashes out the door, attempting to make a run for it but two dudes grab her and hold her.

Owens and Thee gets out of their car. El looks at the both of them.

"Hey kiddo." Owens says.

"Hey sis." Thee says.

El goes and hugs Thee. They both get in the car and Owens drives to a cafe to explain to El.

"Wait so you hit a girl with a roller skate?" Thee asks. She starts laughing when El nods. "I've always wanted to do that." She says. She starts laughing more.

Owens starts explain how this will be a harder task than ever. "A war is coming to Hawkins." Owens says. "You two are the only way to stop this." Owens says. "Are you in? Or are you out?"

"I'm in." Thee says.

"So am I." El says.

The three leave and get back in the car. They drive away.

—————————————————————————

Thee wakes up. "Where the hell are we?" She asks.

"Sorry for the bumpy ride. We are almost at the secret location." Owens says.

El and Thee look at each other and then the car comes to a stop. Owens gets out of the car and the two follow.

They walk into an elevator and into a old underground area.

There is a long hallway.

"This reminds me of these Russian base under the mall." Thee says. She starts thinking of Steve. She misses him.

"It used to store bombs but now it can store something more powerful. You two." Owens says.

The three walk into a big room. "Nina. This is how you'll get your powers back."

"What is it exactly?" El asks.

"If we told you, it wouldn't exactly be a surprise." Heavy footsteps come from above.

Thee recognizes the voice and pushes El behind her. Dr. Martin Brenner.

"Hello Eleven. Hello Thirteen." He says. El starts breathing harder and so does Thee. "You're frightened of me."

"Don't step any closer or you'll regret it." Thee says.

"What are you going to do Thirteen?" He asks. "You don't have your powers."

"I have my fists you ugly ass bitch." She says.

He starts walking again. "You guys need my help." He says. "Your gifts have been stolen. And I can restore them. Let us work together again. As daughters, and Papa."

The memories start coming back. Flooding into the girls brains. The trauma, the pain.

"NO!" El yells she starts running. Thee punches Brenner in the face and runs also. Sirens go and security guards appear.

Thee starts kicking and punching them. They grab Eleven and grab a needle and put her out.

"Get the hell away from me." Thee says. Dr. Brenner starts walking towards Thee and Eleven.

He picks up Eleven. "I'm sorry. This is not how I wanted things to begin."

A guards grabs Thee and uses the sedative on her. She falls into darkness.