Chapter 2

Melanie's POV

I don't know what to think anymore. Ever since we've been little, Winnie never would do anything fun. She wouldn't play outside with me, or be around when I had friends in the house, when she used to look after me when mum and dad were out she wouldn't let me go outside fearing that she'd have to follow up. 

I'm completely opposite from Winnie, the little trouble maker. I don't know how tall I am, to me it doesn't matter, I'm a red head funny enough, but I get it from my da' he's a red head too. 

My days are spent roaming around both my street and the rest of Liverpool. I just like adventures. My friend George is often around as well, sometimes it's hard to be friends with George when he's a boy and he knows nothing about girls, yet he's been around me for so long I think he's starting to catch on. 

I've known George since first grade, he started talking to me and I guess we just hit it off from there. George was a good mate, I'm glad I ended up with him and not in the group of posh, pampered and popular girls. I'd Kill myself.

Regardless I was determined to break Winnie out of her shell, she can't stay in her room forever. And if she doesn't then God forbid she die alone, or never get her first job, or never have her first kiss, or her first boyfriend. Anything you can think of as a first in love and life, she won't accomplish if she stays inside all bloody day.

After mum scolded me, I decided to blow of some steam by taking a walk up the street, it was a really nice summer night, the sun was setting but it was still warm it felt like the sun was wrapping you in a blanket, I love summer. 

All the kids were out playing, either kicking a ball around, doing trick on the lawn, playing with their pets, or just simply running. We had a good life on this street, we made the most of our time with whatever we could find.

I headed a little up the street, Richard, one of the "young adults" as every kid says, was coming out of his house with his drum sticks in hand.

"Where ya headin' Richie?" I asked, he smiled and chuckled quietly

"I'm off to become famous, see ya later Mel" He ruffled my hair and kept walking, I chuckled to myself.

In our neighbourhood we had our labels, there was the adults meaning anybody's mum or da', the young adults people like Winnie or Richie, the cry babies which was people like myself ages 10-16, then the kids anyone younger then us. 

It's not like it was a town meeting, it's just been going on forever, people in my age group were called the cry babies because that's the last thing you'd expect out of us. We just all grew up with labels. 

But it was better then having to call everybody by their names if they were in one big group. I suppose. 

Written by Hannah