Chapter 31

Winnie POV :||

2 weeks later:

I laid on my bed, curled up into a ball. Melanie has never come back, never called, never wrote, never did anything to do with the family.

It's all my fault.

It's all my fault...

When Mum and Dad got home from who knows where, and asked where Mel was, I told them she ran-away. They still cry over her.

Mum and Dad act as if I'm gone. When I ask them a question, they don't answer me, when I wake up screaming, they don't come running. It's like Melanie was their world. Because she was their world.

Richard never talked to me again after the Melanie incident. Pretty much, the whole world has shut me out. I looked over at the picture of Mel and I. We look so happy in that picture, smiling, licking our ice creams, enjoying the sun.

I let out a sniffle, and hugged the picture close to my chest. I let out a soft sob, and felt tears on my cheeks. "Melanie... come back. Please?" I whimper.

I took a deep breath, and looked out the window. Richard was there, looking up at me. A sorrowful look filled his eyes. He glared when he saw me. He was crying over Melanie. Should of known.

I went into Melanie's room, and looked around. I sniffled again, and grabbed Mr. Snuffles, her favorite Teddy Bear. I smiled at him, and took him to my room. And I fell asleep, with Mr. Snuffles in my arms, savoring the scent of my little sister.

Written By Chandler.