Chapter 24

Melanie's POV

I was considering going home, I spent the night at George's and after we finished breakfast I felt bad about being here. Dad was sweet, nice, loving and caring but he had a big temper, and a quick one at that

Instead I just left George's, wasn't sure where I was going or even why I was walking, it was just one of those things I do. I walk and daydream, imagine lots of stuff and let creativity just cloud in my head as if that's all I should think about.

This whole thing, is stupid. I should have never wanted to bring Winnie outside, if that never happened maybe she wouldn't have followed me to the bus stop, maybe she wouldn't of ran away, maybe she would've still been innocent. Maybe she'd still be Winnie.

I puzzle myself to often, thinking of the worst outcome followed by a terrifying equation that involves a heartless situation, which won't go away until I solve it. Cathy and William would still be the same, and it wouldn't surprise me if the same outcome that's happening right now, might have still happened just our of the fact that they're here.

Regardless it was something I should just let roll off my shoulders, but that wasn't going to just happen easily. I headed home, hesitating with every step, my heart felt heavy and my breath was shaky. I didn't want to face anybody back there. Winnie thinks I hate her, it's heartless to say it's half true but that's the truth.

She's something I'll never figure out no matter how hard I try, she needs help in some way but how do you get a person like her to even except a small portion of help? Then again Winnie seems to have changed, and I don't really have much to say.

If I got home, maybe I'll be at ease? That or I'll regret stepping foot in the lawn. Whichever way it goes, I'm still going to disagree with myself. Happy or sad, emotions seem to play out as a game in my mind, everyday I play the matching game. Which emotion goes to which situation.

Will I find out, I can never tell.

Written by Hannah