Chapter 2: Not Adding Up; My Flower

Hwa's POV:

After Hwa closed his shop at 6 PM, he didn't drive home but to Joong's house where they both had planned to have a sleepover the day before.

"How was work today?" Joong asked, placing a bowl of rice in front of both of them with side dishes that were already on the table.

"Mm it was fine. Normal day at work. How about you?" Hwa answered without looking at Joong.

Joong stared at Hwa for a moment, knowing that he wasn't telling the truth but didn't want to push. "It was fun styling people today. You wanna know the concept of this shoot?" He asked, eyeing Hwa suspiciously.

He made a hum from his lip, nodding his head for Joong to continue.

"It was a traditional hanbok concept in a manmade flower field-" with the words flower field Joong noticed Hwa had paused with his chopstick still in his mouth but continued eating shortly after as if he was thinking of something. "And the cool thing is that the flower field was enclosed in a clear dome. It was quite beautiful if I do say so myself." Finished Joong.

A/n: Hanbok is a traditional korean clothing

"Mm, that's cool. Must've been fun." That was all Hwa said which made Joong raise his eyebrows since this is not what Hwa usually acts.

"Are you sure you're ok or just not impressed?" Putting a piece of chicken in his mouth.

"No no I'm fine. And I am impressed." Hwa paused, then added, "impressed by you."

This sent Joong choking on his chicken.

Hwa rolled his eyes, "That wasn't that deep. Chill Joong."

"You're cruel, you know that?" Joong made a pouty face.

Hwa smiled, "So I have been told by the same person who is sitting in front of me." He paused before continuing, "No but seriously I am impressed. You've been working hard and trying your best on every person you work with."

Joong smiled warmly at Hwa who stared at his plate. "You've been working hard on your shop from start to now. I'm proud of you." Reaching to hold Hwa's hand.

THE Choi San👀 :

Hey, it's San from earlier. Wanted to make sure you got home safe

Flower Boy💐 :

Hey, yes I did. Thank you for checking. I hope you did as well. And I hope the photoshoot went well.

THE Choi San👀 :

Aww you're so cute. Don't be so shy, talk as if we're already boy... um best friends.

Flower Boy💐 :

I'm sorry, I'm just not a sociable person so please understand. I'll try harder.

THE Choi San👀 :

No, it's ok, my flower. I understand so don't be sorry. I'll do all the work 😉

Flower Boy💐 :

😬 ...You can do better at flirting.

THE Choi San👀 :

Mmm how about, "Did you know I'm a flower? Because I just need someBUDY like you." Haha get it? Or or "If you and I were flowers, we'd have a budding romance."

Flower Boy💐 :

... yes but no the and budding thing is a no go

THE Choi San👀 :

Fine fine how about, "What should I say if I'd want a kiss from a flower like you."

Flower Boy💐 :

Oh no please ...

THE Choi San👀 :

Plant one on me.

Flower Boy💐 :

You know I wish there was an emoji where the person is smacking their hand on their forehead. Oh here it is 🤦‍♂️

Even though Hwa acted like he didn't like it, he blushed, remembering the kiss San planted on him earlier in the day.

THE Choi San👀 :

Still no? I have one more to tell you and this one is GOOD

Flower Boy💐 :

You know what, it's ok I'm already fla...

THE Choi San👀 :

The earth laughs in flowers, so it must have been extremely happy the day you were born.

*Read 12:12

Hwa was so taken aback that he had to let that sink in for a few minutes. It was probably the sweetest thing someone had said to Hwa for a long time that wasn't Joong. Hwa's life wasn't the best since he was a child, got picked on most of his life, parents were absent, Hwa hated his uncle especially what happened during high school graduation and what his uncle made him do...nevermind. He doesn't like to think about it anymore, it hurts but tries to move on. Hwa never forgave his Uncle, why couldn't he understand that he was happy for once but he had to ruin it. After his childhood, he stopped trusting people and kept to himself. So what San said really hit him, making him feel like he never felt before, someone, somewhat stranger, accepts him and cares. It was really warming Hwa's heart.

THE Choi San👀 :

Hwa, you ok my flower?

12:15

Flower Boy💐 :

Yes yes I am. I was just really surprised that's all. That was probably the sweetest thing someone said to me since... nevermind. That's really sweet. Thank you Sannie I'm actually really impressed. 😊

THE Choi San👀 :

Oh I was getting worried. You didn't reply for 3 minutes and 27 seconds. I'm happy that I can make my dear flower boy's day. I can't wait to see you tomorrow. Don't forget to eat dinner and sleep well.

Flower Boy💐 :

I will. Same goes for you.

San POV:

"What are you doing? Still up? I told you, you can go to sleep first. I just needed to practice this bridge part before I go to sleep. Did I do ok? Do you think I'll do ok tomorrow? Oh baby, I'm soooo nervous." Woo asked his boyfriend worriedly, plopping down onto the bed, hugging San's arm.

"I heard you, you were amazing. You're going to do fantastic tomorrow. Don't you worry about it. I believe in you. You should believe in yourself, baby." San reassured his boyfriend, kissing his forehead.

Hwa's POV:

Hwa laid in his bed thinking about the conversation he just had with Sannie. To be honest he was flattered, he felt like he was slowly falling for Choi San but it wasn't his intention. Nevermind that, this was never his intention of agreeing to the "date" or exchanging of numbers but he was doing it for something else. But now, Hwa doesn't even know anymore. He wants to go on this "date" to see if this feeling was real and if San is who he seems to be. San felt familiar but it wasn't home, felt like him but wasn't him.

A/n: When Seonghwa said "him" he meant Wooyoung.

CES: Blue Voyage by LUCY