Chapter 22: Someday I'll Know

*direct continuation from last chapter*

Once everyone left, Woong headed down to where the professor sat, grading and reading the student's papers.

"Excuse me, professor." Woong cleared his throat.

"Ah Hwanwoong, how are you lately? I saw all the hard work you've been putting into your work. I'm proud of you." The professor smiled, turning his attention to Woong.

"Oh thank you professor. I'm alright. Um I actually have some questions about memory loss and I was hoping you could tell me more about it." He played with his nail as he was nervous that his teacher might say no since he had forgotten that it was night and his teacher probably wanted to go home.

"Oh sure of course. I'm more than happy to help. Here, take a seat and tell me what you would like me to tell you." Pulling a chair from the other side of the room.

Woong quickly but carefully told his professor about his memory loss and how he has been having a hard time remembering even though it has been some time. "I just don't know. I'll get these images, and it will be the same ones over and over but I can never remember what or who it is."

His professor nods with each word his students say. "I understand you're frustrated but it takes a long time and sometimes longer than a few years. Have you told your doctor?"

"Yes, I have. I told my partner too but nevermind. Sorry to disturb you with my problems."

"No, not at all Hwanwoong. Please don't feel bad for coming to me for advice. I will always try to help you as much as I can, for all my students." Giving Woong a hug seeing him in a sad state.

"Oh before you leave, I was going to let your class know that we will be going to have a field trip soon."

"Oh where professor?"

"We are going to clear our minds outdoors. We're going to the san (mountains)."

The moment he heard the word San, Woong had a splitting headache that even the professor noticed.

"Does this happen often?" He held Woong's shoulder as an attempt to stabilize him.

"This-this was what I was talking about." Woong said through clenched teeth.

"Do you have any relation with the mountains or do you know anyone who's name is San by any chance?"

"I-I don't remember at all. It's just these specific words that trigger me."

"Here, let me call a ride for you." Woong stopped him as he was about to reach into his pocket. "No, it's fine. My husband is probably waiting for me outside. Thank you for all your help." Woong bowed as he took his leave.

"If you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask." His professor called out, grabbing his jacket from his chair.

Once stepping out of the building, he saw an angry Ravn leaning against his black car. "Where the hell have you been?"

"S-sorry I was getting help from my professor. I was struggling with the topic and he was helping me." Woong held him down as he approached Ravn.

"At this hour? Didn't your class end like 30 minutes ago? You know how many times I've called you?"

"Oh my phone is probably dead, I didn't hear it. I'm sorry."

"Let's go home." Opening the door for him and slamming it as soon as Woong had gotten in.

Once they were at home, Ravn directed his husband to the dinner table while he warmed up his dinner. "Eat. You already missed your medication time." Ravn sat himself in front of Woong watching him eat.

At the moment Ravn could hear sniffling, looking up to see Woong crying.

Ravn sighs, pulling himself next to him, bringing him into an embrace. "I'm sorry I snapped at you."

"Are you mad at me?" Woong asked between sobs.

"No, I can never be mad at you. I was just very worried. I can't lose you. I love you too much. Come on, finish your food so you can take your meds." Reaching for the spoon to feed Woong bites of rice soup.

After dinner, the two sat in their bed getting ready to sleep. "What are you learning in class that got you so interested in it?"

Woong contemplated lying but didn't want him to know the whole truth. "We're learning about how people retain memories. It was interesting how people's brains are able to hold so many."

"Ah I see." Ravn nodded his head. He turned Woong's head so they were looking directly at each other. "Does this happen to be about your memories too?"

"Yes and no. I just want to know about our past. Like how we really fell in love and the parts of my life."

"Someday baby, someday. I promise I'll tell you everything, just not right now." Ravn leans in kissing his husband on the lips.