Chapter 17:

A/n: So now I'm reading my own writing, it's making me cringe a bit so I will be rewriting some parts of it but don't worry, it's minor changes. Thank you for reading and waiting!

_______________________________________________________________

Hwa's POV:

Shit I can't go to Joong's house like this

At the same moment his vibrated on the counter he had once left it.

Picking up the phone with shaky hands, "Hey Joong."

Joong: Hey, I just finished work. I'll come and pick you up in 30 minutes.

"No!" Hwa blurred out. "I mean I still have to clean up and lock up the store and go back home to do something so you go home first."

Joong: ook I'll go buy dinner and go back home. I'll see you soon.

Joong hung up the phone first which was a great relief for Hwa.

[ at joong's house ]

"Hey come innn.." he slowly said as he stared at Hwa who had on a decent thickness turtleneck shirt on. "Why are you wearing that in 60 degree weather?" Closing the door behind him.

"Oh it's nothing. The air conditioning at the shop went haywire and went way too cold." An attempt to lie to Joong.

"Ok then let's eat, shall we?" Looking at the clock, reading 7:00 pm. Then diverting his attention to Hwa knowing something was up.

"Why so quiet?" Looking up at Hwa who was mixing his noodle with the sauce for the hundredth time. "It's going to be too salty by now." Using his chopstick to point at Hwa's bowl.

"Nothing, I'm just tired. Difficult customer today." Shoving a piece of pickled radish in his mouth.

"I see." Smiling as he thought of a way to cheer him up. "What do you want to do today? Let's make it fun."

"I don't know. We haven't played board games for a long time." Hwa suggested, finally slurping noodles.

"Sure sounds great."

And sure enough, after they finished eating they began playing multiple board games and it did not take them long to become competitive.

"You freaking cheated. You can't ring the bell before completing the challenge." Joong flung his arms around while Hwa hysterically laughed.

"No I didn't. You're just too slow, old man." Catching his breath between laughs.

"No I'm not." Joong pouted. "Give me the piece back." His smile turned into laughter matching Hwa.

Soon enough the two were in a friendly tussle ending with Joong on the back of Hwa.

"Alright alright. Fine. I'll let you win again this time. But there is no next time. I will not be forgiving in the next round." Picking a card for the next round.

The rest of the night was filled with smiles and laughter, both forgetting about everything that happened hours before.

"Did you have fun?" Joong asked, swiping Hwa's hair away from his face.

"Yeah I did. Thank you." Smiling, leaning against Joong's shoulder.

Soon enough the two fell asleep on Joong's bed.

[ Next Morning ]

"Good morning." Joong sipped his coffee, peeking a glance of Hwa coming down the stairs.

"Good morning." He replied, taking the cup of lemon water Joong had prepared as a replacement for coffee. "Ugh another day of work." He sighed.

"Speaking of work. What happened in the store yesterday to make you have 3 band-aids on your neck?" Joong casually asked, trying not to sound mad or distressed.

Immediately Hwa touched his neck, feeling the band-aids he had totally forgotten he had put on the day before. How could he forget while he changed out of his turtle neck this morning? "I-this is nothing. J-just branches scratched me, that's all."

Putting down his coffee cup on the counter, staring Hwa right in the eye. "Don't lie to me. I saw yesterday when we were wrestling each other during our games. They were hickies."

Hwa sighs knowing he had no way of getting out of explaining, "San did it. He came to the shop yesterday after I kissed him at the park an hour earlier. He realized that I liked him and things happened and this-" Circling his own neck with his hand. "-this happened. Then I blamed him for not letting Woo come see him 2 years ago and then walked out."

Joong stayed silent, trying to process everything.

Joong's real thought: How did this happen? Why is this happening? Am I really letting him go this early? Ravn warmed me but I'm doing this for Seonghwa.

"I'm sorry." Hwa sighed, knowing Joong wasn't happy at all.

"Why are you sorry? It just happened like that right? I can help you but I can't control what you do. Come on, you have to get to work now otherwise you're going to be late opening your own shop." Patting Hwa on his shoulder before handing him his jacket.

"Joong" Hwa called out.

"Hmm?" Joong stopped mid out the door.

"Thanks."

Joong nodded but said nothing.