Chapter 27: Befriending Someone

Joong POV:

"No.. Yes, that's what I'm saying. I had already put that order in a month ago, I don't understand what's the issue right now. Yes, I already paid for everything. It was supposed to come a week ago. You know, forget it, I'll talk to my company about this." Joong hung up the phone angrily after being in a heated argument with a clothing company that had messed up his order multiple times.

He was so upset he wasn't paying attention when a car slowly came crashing into him. It wasn't a full on crash but he was hit hard enough to fall onto the ground.

The person immediately got off and ran to Joong's side. "Holy shit, are you ok? I'm so sorry. I was in a hurry and I didn't see you. Do you need to go to the hospital?" Helping Joong sit up.

"It's alright, it's just a cut-" Joong winces as he moves his wrist.

"Let me see." The boy took Joong's wrist to examine. "Let me get you to the hospital." Joong reluctantly but eventually agreed.

[ Hospital ]

"Alright, let's see the x-ray." The doctor sat on the stool in front of Joong and the boy. "Fortunately you did not break your wrist. However, you did sprang it pretty bad. So how did this happen?" The doc looked up at the two, Joong sitting on the examination table and the other boy on the seat next to him.

"It was all my fault. I was in a hurry and I wasn't paying attention and I accidentally hit him."

"No, it was mine as well. I got off from a heated phone call and anger took over and I wasn't paying attention as well."

"I see. Well like I said, good thing you didn't break anything. Your body is just in a huge shock so it might take a few days for your body to readjust. Let me bring you a wrist brace and you're good to go." The doctor left the room, leaving the two alone awkward.

"So um what's your name?" Joong awkwardly asked, fiddling with his fingers.

"My name is Choi Jaeho. You?" Jaeho nodded towards him to answer.

"My name is Kim Hongjoong. Thank you for taking me to the hospital. Allow me to get you coffee." He offered as he bowed to show his appreciation.

"No no no. I owe you more than a coffee. I was the one that hit you. So please let me treat you to lunch. Have you eaten yet?" It was as if his stomach was listening because at that moment, Joong's stomach growled loudly. The two laughed, "I'll take it as a no. Come on, there's this really good restaurant nearby."

After the doctor helped Joong get fitted for his wrist brace, the two boys left the office.

[ Restaurant ]

"So may I ask, why were you in such a hurry?" Joong asked after they got settled at a table and ordered their food.

"Well I just finished my military service and I was in a hurry to go home and then meet a friend but that friend canceled.." Jaeho laughed, realizing how stupid his excuse was.

Joong realized that indeed Jaeho was in a green military uniform, his hair buzzed. Guessing he was in so much shock that he didn't even realize what he was wearing. "Oh I'm sorry about that. But hey you just made another friend." Putting his hand on his chin aka sunflower pose.

Jaeho chuckled at Joong's reaction. "Really? Friends with me? The one who technically ran you over with a car?"

"Yeah I mean at least you helped me and I should be grateful it's not some rude ass person. Besides, I could use a fresh friend." Smiling with a tint of sadness in his voice.

"You ok?" Picking up the stress in Joong's voice.

"Yeah a lot has been going on. Forget it, let's talk about something happier." Joong shook it off, smiling once more.

"Hey, it's ok to talk about your feelings once in a while. I know you just met me but I can promise you I won't tell anyone. And I've been through too much shit in life that I don't have a right to judge anyone. So if you need to talk, I'll be here." Sending a warm smile towards Joong.

"Thanks, Jaeho. My friends have been dealing with a lot of relationship stuff and there's just a lot to handle right now."What about you?" Sipping some water as if he has been talking for a long time.

"Well to be honest, I don't have many friends anymore. There's only a couple that have been helping me but even that I feel incredibly stuck in life." Jaeho nodded sadly.

"I'm sorry to hear but yeah I get that. It's tiring and frustrating." The two fell silent after spilling their feelings. A moment to think about everything and just then their food arrived.

"So, who made you so mad that you stopped paying attention to where you were going?" Looking at Joong who rolled his eyes sarcastically.

"Don't get me started." Joong slammed his fork down making Jaeho laugh. The two enjoyed the rest of their meals complaining about annoying people and some gossip.

And let's just say, at the end of their meal they agreed to exchange numbers and stay friends.

Just as he was about to leave, his phone rang. He was going to ignore it but he had this strong feeling he needed to pick it up. That might be urgent..