Chapter 25: Where Have You Been?

"Welcome back, son." Jongho's father greeted his own son, eyes still glued to the tv in front of him. Tattooed hand gripped the neck of the beer can, lifting it up to his lips. The cold liquid flowing down his throat was already taking effect, providing he already had a can before his son walked in.

"Good afternoon father." Jongho bowed nearly 90 degrees showing respect not only as he is his father but as the leader of the gang.

"Where have you been?" Again his father spoke without looking up.

"Errands." Jongho responds simply, taking off his cap as he brushes his hair back with his fingers. The silence that came after made his heart skip a beat. Silence is deadlier than questioning in the case of his father. Silence meant he didn't believe him.

He knew he needed to continue to mask his lies "Mr. Kim (another random gang leader) said the payment is due tomorrow but he wanted-"

"Who did you meet?" His father's sharp voice cuts through his son's words like butter.

"Mr. Kim." Jongho replied as the answer was obvious.

"Do I need to repeat myself? You know that is the one thing I hate." Turning to face where Jongho stood, half in the living room, half in the kitchen.

"You didn't have to hurt him." Trying to steady his voice but to no avail. Feeling himself shake as nerves start to set in.

His father scoffs, pushing himself up from the black leather couch. Turning his head to face his son who looked small at this time. "Why the hell would you care who I hurt? That's our job."

"He didn't do anything!" Jongho snaps, can no longer hold his anger. "We've already done a number on him. We don't need to do more!"

"We?" Jongho's father chuckles, sending shivers down Jongho's spine. "You." He corrected, knowing it was his son's weak spot. "Why would you care about him? It was years ago, Choi Jongho. Move on! Besides, why are you so caught up with this boy? You dealt with him years and years ago so why are you still hung up on him? Treat him like you treat everyone else."

A/N: What he meant was to treat Hwa like every person the gang had hurt.

"He isn't like anyone else. I owe him." Jongho said in a lower tone.

The leader lets out a loud laugh, then slaps Jongho right across the face, making him stumble. "He is just like every b*itch out there. If you owe that boy, then you owe many more. What are you going to do then? K*ll yourself?"

Jongho's blood boiled with every word his father said, "You will never let me do that. What would your gang become if I'm not here?"

His father laughs the same sinister laugh, "You're right son! I can't let you die but I can punish you.

"You mean torture?" Jongho corrects him, scoffing.

"Oh no no no." He waved his pointer finger at Jongho. "I mean Park Seonghwa." Giggling knowing he hit the right spot.

Jongho balled his fist, imaginary smoke coming out of his nose, belted towards his father, taking hold of his shirt sleeve, "You lay one finger on him I'll-"

"You'll what son? You can't do anything." He said in a mocking voice then taking his leave.

Jonho stood with his hands cupping the cheek that was hit. With what just happened, he knew he needed to get moving with his plan and fast.