Chapter 26: Jealous

Hwa POV:

"Ah yes, these are the most popular flowers for a date." Hwa suggested a customer that was a boy maybe a couple years younger than him.

Out of the corner of his eyes, he spotted someone leaning near the door but didn't come in.

The younger customer started to crack some jokes making Hwa giggle. But after a couple more minutes, the younger boy left with the flowers Hwa suggested and left Hwa smiling.

"May I help you?" Hwa asked the person standing by the door, now knowing it was San. "Are you going to come in or are you just going to stand there sulking?" Cleaning up papers that were scattered around the counter.

"Why was he flirting with you?" San uncrossed his arms, walking into the shop.

Hwa laughs at San's ridiculous assumption. "He was not flirting, San."

"Yes he was."

"That's not flirting." Hwa had to admit seeing San jealous was kinda cute. Out of the blue, Hwa stood on his toe, giving San a peck on the cheek.

San's eyes widened, and was definitely not expecting that, "one more." Poking at the other side of his cheek.

"One is enough, don't be greedy. Let's go, I'm hungry." Grabbed his belongings, ready to walk out but San stood there arms crossed, sulking once again.

"No. One more." San rolled his eyes, waiting for Hwa.

He sighs as he strolls towards San, once again tiptoeing to kiss him on the cheek.

San immediately smiles, now it is his turn to peck Hwa. "Okie, let's go."

[ Restaurant ]

"What can I get for you?" The waiter asked, writing down San's order on his small notepad before turning to Hwa. "And what can I get for you?" The waiter's expression changed a little with Hwa, more smiling and complimenting Hwa. This ticked San a bit, he glared at the waiter. "He's really pretty, isn't he? Too bad he's taken." Reaching out to hold his hand.

"Ah, of course." The waiter smiled before bowing and leaving the two alone.

"What was that for?" Hwa tilted his head, trying to hide his smile but failed. "We're not even together."

"Not yet but besides, He. Was. Flirting. With. You." Squeezing Hwa's hand tighter. "I don't like it."

But before Hwa could reply, their food arrived so the two ate and left for a little walk outside.

"Hm, it looks like it's about to rain." And just as Hwa said that, it began raining. Since Hwa's house was only a block away, the two ran without looking back.

"Whew, that was odd." The two burst into the door, just in time before thunder rang, making Hwa jump. "Are you scared of the storm?"

"N-no." He made a pout, feeling embarrassed.

San giggles seeing Hwa embarrassed to show his fear of thunder, "Cute. Don't be scared, I'm here." Kissing Hwa on the lips. "Take a shower before you catch a cold."

After the two showered, they settled on the couch close to each other. "So when do you think the rain will stop?" San asks, pulling Hwa into his arms.

"It says it won't stop raining until tomorrow morning." Hwa scrolled through the weather app. "You can stay here for the night." He added, looking up at San's reaction.

"Are you sure? I don't want to bother you." Ruffling his half dry hair.

"No, you won't bother me. Please stay." Partly because Hwa didn't want to be alone while it was storming. Hwa gave him the puppy eyes which San thought his heart was about to burst.

"Ok ok, I'll stay. You're too cute." Hugging Hwa from behind. "Can I dry your hair?" Suddenly suggesting. "I don't want you to catch a cold."

"Mm sure if you want." He went to the bathroom to get the hairdryer, handing it to San.

"Alllll done." San put the hair dryer down but the moment he let Hwa's head go, his head tilted back, almost falling over. But with San's quick reaction, he caught Hwa before he slumped onto the ground. Realizing he had fallen asleep as he was drying his hair.

San carried Hwa bridal style to his bedroom. Just as he laid him on the bed, thunder clashed making the half asleep Hwa flinch, grabbing San's wrist. "I'm scared. Stay with me, please." His scared yet sleepy eyes met San's eyes, which San obviously couldn't refuse. Climbing beside him, cradling Hwa in his arms as the two fell asleep.