Chapter 5

Melanie

I was ready for this trip to be over, and I was ecstatic that it was our last day in Jamaica. I wasn't really talking to anyone but Quay, because I felt betrayed. I understood that Malik was their cousin and friend, but what about me, and how I felt. I was blind-sided when I saw him and his girl walk into the dinner, and I was hurt that everyone knew he was coming but me.

After talking to Quay she wasn't aware that he was coming on the trip, so she was okay in my book. As for the rest of them, it was fuck them and their fake ass concern. I looked down at my phone and dialed Damian's number again, and like clockwork it went straight to voicemail. He was being a bitch, and him ignoring my calls was only pissing me off.

I heard a knock on my door and went to see who it was. Everyone was either outside by the pool, or lounging by the outside garden. I cracked my door open and I was shocked to see Malik's girl on the other side. I didn't know what the fuck she was looking for, but I think was curious to find out.

"Hey I was wondering if you had time, I wanted to speak to you."

"Yeah sure...you can come in."

She walked inside and I got a good look at her, she was a beautiful girl, and she seemed chill.

"I know you and Malik have history, and I know us being here is a bit uncomfortable for you, but I just want to make sure your good. He told me a bit about y'all's relationship, and I don't want any issues between us."

"Oh girl you're good, I don't know you well enough to have an issue with you. Malik and I are in the past and I don't see him anywhere in my future. Also, I apologize for how I came at you earlier. My issue is with Malik and not you, so I'm good if you're good."

"We're good girl, and I hope you'll make up with your friends. They feel bad that you aren't speaking to them."

"We'll figure our shit out later, but I appreciate you checking on me."

"Of course love, we'll I'll let you get back to whatever you were doing."

She walked out my room and closed the door behind her, she seemed cool but only time would tell. We were hitting up some clubs tonight, so I was busy looking for an outfit. I wanted something that was comfortable but also sexy.

I saw my phone ringing and grabbed it before rolling my eyes at the caller Id. What the hell did Nas want?

"Hey what do you want?"

"Meet me outside in 5... I need you to go somewhere with me."

"Okay."

I changed into my denim shorts, green crop top, and white slides. I grabbed my mini white Telfar bag and my black Chanel sunglasses. I let my hair hang down, but I grabbed a hair tie just in case it got hot. I walked out my room and towards the living room where Nas was waiting for me.

He was dressed similar to me except he had gray Nike sweat shorts and white 97 airmax.

"Where are we headed too?" I asked as we walked out the door and towards the car.

"I want to go exploring in the town, and I need to talk to you about something."

We hopped in the car and the driver took us to the marketplace and shops. We got out and began walking through the sea of people.

"What did you want to talk about?"

"You and Malik. Now I know I'm your big bro and I don't want to be in your business, but what is going on with y'all? I thought you were cool with everything that happened but now you're mad at everyone, and I'm confused."