13.2

TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter does contain a domestic violence situation. If that is a trigger for you please skip past the parts marked with the red light 🚨 thank you.

Melanie cont.

During the drive to my house I felt numb as the pain in my chest grew strong. I had to pull over multiple times from crying so hard, but I was able to make it home safely. I couldn't stop replaying the conversation in my mind, and I felt so stupid for even trusting him.

The signs were there but I let my loyalty and fear of being alone cloud my judgment. I gave him every part of me, and he took advantage of it, all while lying and cheating. I trusted him with my body and the thought of me catching something from him made me sick to my stomach.

I felt a sense of relief when I didn't see Malik's car in the driveway. I didn't want his pity and I didn't want to feel embarrassed with him seeing me vulnerable. I barely made it inside before I dropped everything and began crying on the ground. I was by myself since Queen was spending some time at Risse's house. The pain and loneliness of the situation set in, as the darkness of the house engulfed me.

I slowly got up as I walked towards the mini bar in my kitchen. I grabbed a bottle of tequila as I pulled the papers from the briefcase and laid them out on the counter. There were pictures of their wedding, multiple pictures of him out with different women, a copy of his marriage license, and so much more. Deonna's private investigator caught everything, and there was no way he could deny this evidence.

I grabbed my tequila as I made my way upstairs towards my room. I kept pouring shots while looking at my phone, and I couldn't stop the tears from streaming down my face.

"FUCKKKKKKK" I screamed as I looked at pictures of Damian and I on my phone and I felt dumb. The tequila shots were beginning to kick in and I laid down before I fell into a drunken slumber.

Two hours later.......

I woke up suddenly and felt around for my phone. I still felt a little tipsy and I had a slight headache. My phone battery was kind of low, and I had missed calls from Nas, CoCo, Damian and Risse. I would have to talk to them later, right now I needed to confront Damian.

I took a quick shower and changed into my black leggings  and fitted workout jacket. I tied my hair into a low ponytail and threw on a Nike baseball cap. I took one last look in the mirror before I headed downstairs. I quickly placed the evidence back into the briefcase before I headed out.

The drive to Damian's house was shorter than I expected and my anger grew with every mile. I parked my car in front of his building and texted him to let me in.

I felt dizzy as I made my way to the elevator and towards his place. My mind raced with every step I took and before long I was at his door. I took a deep breathe before knocking and stepping back, as I heard footsteps nearing the door.

"Hey babe, what's wrong with you? I've been calling you nonstop, I heard you left work early. You good?"

"No Damian..I'm not okay and we need to talk. How did you find out I wasn't at work?"

"I stopped by and one of your stylist told me that you left early."

I only nodded as I felt my anger and nerves rising. I watched as Damian looked from me to the briefcase with concern written all over his face.

"Babe seriously what is wrong with you and why do you have that briefcase?"

"Damian I'm going to ask you a question and I need you to be honest with me. Who the fuck is Deonna Blake?" I asked while looking deep into his eyes, hoping that maybe he might be honest with me.