Chapter 20

Melanie

It was finally CoCo's birthday weekend and it felt good to be back in the city. I was excited to spend time with my family and friends, and celebrate my sister.

Nasir had planned the whole weekend and I had to give it to my brother, he did his big one. Her official birthday was tomorrow, and we were having a 2000s themed skate party, followed by a family brunch on Sunday to close out the weekend. Since there were so many family and friends in town, Nas set up a small kickback so we could ring in CoCo's birthday.

I stood in the center of the living room as I danced with my girls along with CoCo's two cousins, Denae and Vonna. Denae and I were twerking as Twerk blasted through the speakers. My ass moved like water as I held my ankles and moved to the beat. I looked back before dropping to my knees and placing my hands on my thighs to keep my balance. The song ended just as Freak No More played next and I smiled  as I rapped and twerked along to the song. I was in my element and having the time of my life.

After a couple more songs we decided to take a mini break at one of the small tables in the kitchen. I looked over at CoCo as she danced with my brother. They were in their own little world and it was cute to see.

Just as we sat the down, the door opened and in walked  Malik and his girl plus her friend from game night. I had already had a conversation with Nas and CoCo about the incident, and although CoCo wanted me to beat their ass, I was going to hold off for the sake of keeping her birthday drama free. She deserved to have a fun weekend and I could hold off and catch up with them in Nashville. I had let Malik know as well and he gave me his word that he would make sure that she did not mess with me.

"Don't let those bitches kill our vibe tonight. We are going to have a good time, okay." I smiled at Risse, just as Amber brought the shot glasses to the table. We grabbed a cup and cheered before tossing it back. The alcohol burned my chest, but I felt great and I definitely wasn't going to let them destroy my night. I made eye contact with Malik as he nodded in our direction, I gave him a small smile before focusing back on my friends.

"Man Mel just say the word cause you know we do not play about you," proclaimed Vonna as everyone nodded in agreement. I assured her that there would be no need for that, just as Amber switched the conversation. Everyone laughed as Amber, Vonna, and Denae shared funny stories from their childhood, as we drank and smoked in the corner. Vonna was a beautiful caramel skinned curvy women, with almond shaped eyes, and plump lips. She was the life of the party and it was always a great time when we got together. Denae was a dark skin beauty, with slanted eyes and juicy lips, she was tall with a slim build and she was more on the chill quiet side. However, she knew how to party and have a good time and I was grateful to CoCo for bringing them into my life. I talked to them regularly and they were in town from Houston for CoCo.

"Hey ya'll." I turned to the sound of voice before I jumped up and wrapped my arms around Lashon. I missed my girl something serious and I was so happy to see her.

"Baby mama it's so good to see you. Where is my brother? How is my baby girl?" I asked.

Before she could respond Santana appeared next to her, and I hugged him too. He still looked the same from the last time I saw him. His olive brown skin was smooth and blemish free and I could tell he got some new tattoos. Santana was tall and muscular with full lips encased in thin mustache goatee, and long black hair that he had in a high bun. That man was fine and him and Lashon made a beautiful couple.

We talked for a while before Santana went to the guys.

Lashon joined me at the table with the rest of the girls before CoCo came by and made us all get up and dance with her. Bow Bow Bow played through the speakers as we danced and rapped along to Sexyy Red. Quay was dancing on Rico, as the rest of us huddled in the middle. I looked out the corner of my eyes as Malik's girl danced on him, and her friend was dancing on one of CoCo's cousin. They stood on the outskirts while we stayed in the center of the living room, and I was cool with that. Tommorow 2 played next as I stood on the couch along with Amber as we all loudly rapped along to the song.