There Was The Calm, Here Comes The Storm

Kirkland

Oh.  Hell.  No.

When will that stupid Laurie realize that she doesn't have any hope of getting together with my Gray.  Yes, MY Gray!  We've been together for almost five weeks. now.  We spend almost every night together, usually at his club because my apartment and my bed are just too small for him.  The poor guys feet hang off the end of my bed, he can't stretch out on my couch, and he generally looks like a giant in my elf size apartment and on my small furniture.

When I'm not at school or work, Gray is usually with me.  He's been helping me study for my nursing boards, quizzing and helping me memorize the never-ending material.

We usually meet up at Dirty during my shifts, and then he drives me home or to his place.  We've been to several of the club parties, (Yikes, those are wild!). He hangs with me at work, everyone in the bar knows we're together, and I'm the only girl on the back of his bike.

Yet Laurie still constantly tries to catch his eye.  I'm freaking ticked off now! I swear the girl must have no pride.  No matter how many times he brushes her off and pushes her away, she still comes crawling back, trying to skank her way into his life.  That is so not going to happen.

We are absolutely slammed tonight, most of the club is here, along with a ton of members from one of the out of state charters.  I know that Cruz closed the bar to non-Oblivion members tonight, he might even keep it closed to the public for the entire weekend.  The guys want to be able to relax without outsiders listening in.

Hayley and I are running around like crazy women, trying to keep up with all of our tables, helping Cruz when and where he needs it, bringing out endless trays of food and drink, essentially, doing our jobs.

Laurie however, takes this insanely busy night to work on her flirt, slut and skank games.  I swear she's been nipples out most of the night, her tank top is pulled down so freaking low that her boobs keep literally falling out of her top.  Her skirt is super short, and with all the bending over she's doing we all know that she is:

A.     Not wearing panties

B.     She's sporting a full Brazilian

C.     She's open and ready for business

And right now, she's trying to drop her disease ridden (I'm not totally sure, but probably!) ass into my mans lap.  He's been pushing her away for weeks, but I can see that he is getting fed up and pretty tired of her games.

I'm at the far end of the bar, Gray is at a table with his guys in the middle of the room when I hear a huge crashing sound at the front door, and I don't know what goes on, it's just utter and complete chaos.

Gunfire

Shouting

Screaming and crying

Glass and furniture crashing and breaking

All of a sudden something slams into me and I'm pushed down to the ground hard, the wind is knocked out of me, but I can still hear the muffled and frenzied noise around me.  I struggle to try and break free when I realize that it's Gray on top of me, his body covering me from the danger surrounding us.  I can still smell and hear the gunfire so I struggle to free my arms that Gray has pinned underneath him.  Finally breaking my arms free from his weight, I wrap them around his head, my fingers splayed widely so I can protect as much of his head as I possibly can.

With all the commotion, I vaguely register that what I think is glass and wood smacking into my arms and hands that are covering Gray.

He picks me up, I'm wrapped around him, holding on tightly like a monkey.  My hands and arms hurting, but still covering his vulnerable head.  One of his arms drops from my body and I feel him grab something and drag it along with us.  We reach the storage pantry and he throws me inside and I realize that he's grabbed Haley and she's crawling along behind me.

"Baby, stay in here, both of you get behind those boxes and cover up.  Don't come out until I, or one of the boys come in and get you, ok?  Stay covered and don't make a sound!  Get covered up now baby, I love you, stay in here!  Remember, only answer to me or one of the guys!"  He kisses me quickly as he pushes me deeper into the room and then he closes the door.

With that, we scramble into the dark pantry, hiding behind boxes of tomato sauce and paper towels.   We try to cover out selves with aprons and bar towels.

The door shuts closed and Gray runs straight into the mayhem that's outside the relative safety of the pantry.  Hayley and I hold onto each other, barely breathing, tightly gripping onto one another.  Slowly we notice that the shooting seems to have stopped, there isn't as much crashing but we still hear a lot of loud yelling.  Since we're behind and buried under boxes and towels, we can't make out what is being said when all of a sudden, the door flies open and the room is filled with light.  Our hands grip tightly, our eyes are closed, and we aren't even breathing deeply, trying not to move or make the slightest sound.  My heart is is beating so loudly in my. ears that I can't hear anything.  The boxes in front of us move away and I'm yanked up in to the arms of Gray.

"Baby, you ok?  Are you hurt?  Baby talk to me!"  Gray is holding me close, I wrap my legs and arms around him, I feel his heart pounding into my chest.

"I'm ok, I think I'm fine!  Gray, how are you?   Are you hurt?  What happened, what's going on?"

Carrying me into the main room, I'm stunned by the destruction we're met with.  Tables are upended, chairs are broken and thrown around the room, plates and glasses are shattered and broken glass is everywhere.  The smell of gunfire and alcohol is strong.  I can see that the shelves with all the bottles behind the bar are down, and the broken bottles litter the floor.  Slowly I start to hear the sounds of moaning and crying.  Dropping my legs to the ground, I pull away from Gray and my training kicks in.

"People are hurt Gray, get me the first aid kits, and help me assess the injuries.  I need someone to help me, Hayley call 911 and get Bella, we need to start a triage."  Griz and Dante run over at this point meeting with Gray and some of the guys  don't know.

Griz starts barking out orders and everyone begins falling into line, responding to his directions.  "No one's calling the cops, Bellas's bringing around her truck , find those that are hurt the worst and put them in with B.  While we're here, listen to Kirk and do what she says, Doc is already on her way to the club and will be waiting for us.  When you get all the injured to the club, listen to Doc and Kirk, they'll let you know what to do from there.  Anyone who's injured but can still ride or drive get moving and help those who are less mobile.  As soon as we get everyone clear, we're torching the bar, so make sure we get everyone out.  Move NOW!"  Griz then locks eye on me and shouts over the din.

"You're a nurse Kirk, I need you at the club to help Doc with the injured, Haley follow her and do whatever Doc or Kirk tell you.  Let's get moving!"

With that, I'm running out the door and I'm thrown on the back of someone's bike, I don't even know who.  A random Oblivion guy, from the Portland club races through the streets and we end up at the club within what seems to be only seconds. 

I haven't taken my nursing boards, and I'm about to be thrown into a medical disaster that I've never experienced before.  I'm worried about how I'll do with the wounded, I'm worried about how Gray is, and if he'll be safe staying here, I'm worried about why this happened in the first place.  

Arriving at the clubhouse I see Doctor Shelton directing people and starting the triage.  Seeing me running towards her she speaks in a loud but very calm voice.

"Kirkland, I need you to finish triage here, tell Bella who needs to be seen first, she'll get them in to me in the med room.  When you're finished with triage, come inside, I have a station set up and ready for you.  You've got this Kirk, I've seen you work, and I'm looking forward to working with you."  With that said, she disappears inside, and I start in.