Short, Sweet And A Total BadAss

GRAY

Kirk left with Ryder, a brother from Oregon about 2 hours ago, I wanted to check in with her, make sure she was ok before she had to leave, but it's been balls to the wall trying to get everything ready to burn the place down.   Fucking hell, those of us that weren't hurt too badly have been trying to figure out what went down, and now we're gonna light the place up.  We got the injured out and we think it will be better to burn the evidence rather than let the cops in to nose around and start an investigation.

We know it was a gang of fucking wannabe drug dealer idiots who tore up our place.  They're so fuckin stupid they probably thought they'd kill us all and then take over.  So fuckin wrong.  We recognized the dipshits from the little bit of security video that survived the blast, and now after we take care of our people and burn down the house, we're gonna go after them.

Griz, Dante, Pike, Dev andı are sitting on our bikes outside the bar ready to throw the match when our contact on the police force calls Griz and tells him we have 15 minutes before the police and fire will be here.  This was a kickerass bar, it's a shame to let it go, but we'll just have to build a bigger and better bar to replace it.

I feel a burning, rushing need to get to Kirkland, I know she's never had to deal with all that went down here before, and I'm afraid that she's gonna freak out and want to bail on us.

I park my bike and run into the club, I'm greeted by a bunch of bloodied and bandaged brothers, all directing me towards our makeshift hospital rooms in the back of the clubhouse.  Doc Shelton is a friend of the club.  She has an, I don't know what the fuck relationsship with an Oregon brother, Ryder.  They're together when Ryder is here, and she always steps in when we need undercover medical attention.  I guess she is an ER doctor at Kirkland's hospital, and she's treated my Kirk pretty fairly while at work.  Kirk has great things to say about Doc, especially about how Doc puts some of the other doctors and nurses on notice at the hospital, she seems to look out for the nurses who aren't as powerful.

Our club medical facility is basically two rooms, one has 12 beds in it, along with all the shit you'd find in a regular doctors office.  The second room is set up as a surgical room, sadly it's seen quite a bit of action in the past couple of years.  Doc has a couple of medical friends who occasionally help out when needed, most of these people are happy to step in, as they leave with a large cash payment for keeping their mouths shut.

Opening the door to the med room, I'm happy to see that not all of the beds are filled, it looks like we have 4 empty beds.  I notice Kirk, Doc, and two nurses from the hospital are attending to the wounded, even Hayley is helping out.

"Kirk, baby, you ok?  What the fucks going on, why the fuck do you have bandages on your arms and hands?  Why the hell didn't anyone tell me you were hurt?"

I rush over to pick her up, in my haste she drops the metal tray of crap onto the floor.  Wrapping my arms around her , I hold her as close and tight to me as I can get her.  Nuzzling into her neck, kissing her, breathing her in, I pull back and gently take her forearms into my hands.  Turning them over, and looking at them from all angles, I can tell that the injuries have already been cleaned and treated.  It looks like she has several burns from bullets, and since there are some bandages I'm assuming that glass or something else cut her.

"Kitten, tell me what happened here, I need to know baby."

Doc steps in and wraps her arm around Kirk, smiling at her.

"Kirkland, also apparently known as Kitten, has a few topical burns from bullet grazes, and quite a few cuts from glass and wood splinters.  No muscle, tendon or bone involvement, but certainly immense infection potential. I've cleaned, wrapped, stitched and given her antibiotics to ward off any further complications.   She'll be very sore, but right now between adrenalin and some painkillers, she's ok.  This is an amazing girl you have Gray.  Kirkland arrived here, threw on gloves and immediately started helping me with triage and then treatments.  It wasn't until an hour later when we noticed she was losing strength in her hands.  I took off her gloves and saw that she'd tried to take care of herself, not let me know, so I wouldn't stop her from helping your brothers.  At that point everyone was stable, so I attended to her, now she's helping in a less taxing way."

I can tell from Docs words and tone, that she's fuckin proud and impressed with my girl.  Fuck, so am I!

"Baby, thanks for taking care of my boys, but how did you get shot?  When did you get shot?  I hid you in the pantry, I thought you were safe in there?"  From one of the beds I hear the deep rumbling and vaguely drunk sounding voice of my friend Dante.

"Fuck Gray, she got shot when you threw yourself on top of her.  She wrapped those skinny toothpick hands and arms of hers around your head to protect your dumb fucking head dude!  Poor girl didn't realize that the fucking helmet holder on your neck is mostly empty!"  Dante is laughing and talking to his fingers and hands, obviously the guy is on some serious pain meds.

"Kirkland?  Is that what happened?  You were fucking shot covering my head?  Baby, you didn't tell me you were hurt!"

"I didn't really notice till we got here Gray, everything was so crazy, wild, and busy, I didn't even feel anything until I started cleaning up some of the injuries here.  Everyone needed help, and I thought that I just had some minor cuts, so didn't want to make a big deal about it.  I'm ok."  She nestles into my chest, breathing deeply.  I bend my head down so I can kiss the top of her head.

I look over at Doc, catching her eye, I tilt my head towards the door, indicating that I'm gonna take Kirk out for a bit.

"No problem Gray, get your little badass something to eat and drink, she should be coming down off the adrenalin, and we don't want her to crash."

Doc then turns to my brother Dante, she fools a bit with IV bag and he quickly stops talking to his hands and drifts off to sleep.