It's Grays World, I'm Just Trying To Keep Up

KIRKLAND

Holy hell, how in the world has all this happened and I'm not more freaked out?  We've only been together for a few months!  I went from my totally boring but very busy and uninteresting life, to the seismic shift of Grays world!

Trying to organize all that's been going on,  I've made a list of all the standout changes that have happened in my life since I met Grayson Baxter.

A.     In the past week, I've been about to get in a fight with a co-worker about her flirting with my boyfriend.

B.     I have a boyfriend!

C.     I've been shot at (shot at!)

D.     Nursed and cared for a bunch of outlaw bikers in a definitely illegal makeshift hospital ward

E.     Somehow became friends with the top doctor in the hospital ER that I work at

F.     Had to deal with a freaking prima donna biatch nurse from work (who has apparently been a     long term sex partner of Grayson)

G.     Lied to the police about a shoot out

H.     Heard the above mentioned boyfriend say he loved me, but he hasn't repeated it since

I need to work my way through this list, wrap my head around how I feel about some of these very large issues, and where realistically I fit into Grays world.

I've hit the limit with Laurie, she isn't a friend of mine, never will be.  I've tolerated her rude behavior, and I've tried to be polite, but she hasn't listened to Gray or me, and so the next time she gets in my face, I'm going to slap her, maybe, I might slap her, but I'm not really comfortable with violence, I will definitely yell at her though.

I was injured while trying to protect Grays head.  Thank god I wrapped my arms and hands around him, he could have, probably would have died if I hadn't shielded him from the bullets and glass.  I just found the man I love.  Oh my god, I love him!  And I came so close to losing him.  I should probably tell him I how feel, but I'm nervous.  He told me he loved me that night but he hasn't said it since, perhaps he doesn't remember saying, it or maybe he didn't really mean it?  It could have been the craziness of the night, and his worries about his brothers.

The 'med room' at the club, that's what the guys refer to it as.  That is a seriously insane set up, it has incredibly updated equipment, almost everything needed to care for patients, it even has mini surgery!  It was actually easier to care for the patients there than in the hospital because everything was new, clean and stay of the art, and there was ample room to move around and attend to the patients.

I've become really friendly with Doc, or as she's known at the hospital, Dr. Jen Shelton.  Since I started at the hospital 2 years ago, I've looked up to Jen.  She is one of those caring doctors that likes to mentor and help the younger staff.  Often if I'm on the same shift she is, we'll have dinner or share a break together.

So, though we were polite and professional acquaintances before, the past couple of days working together, we've developed more of a friendship.  She rolls her eyes when Allie the nurse-from-hell starts in on her stories.  Allie doesn't refer to Jen's boyfriend Ryder by name, but she certainly alludes to having been with him, and what a 'wild fuck' he is.    Jen doesn't seem bothered by it, so that's how I'm going to act when she AGAIN starts in on how close and bonded she and Gray are.  I'm going to remain calm, and not give her the reaction she's looking for.

Allie is one of the other nurses who has been helping out in the med room, and she is a complete nightmare.  I've run into her several times in the hospital the past few years, and she was totally the stereotypical queen bee mean girl.  She sleeps with, or has slept with most of the hospital administrators so she basically gets any and all shifts she wants, punishes people she doesn't like by undermining their work performance and slamming them to anyone who will listen.