Slumber Party In The ICU

One week later

GRAY

Sitting up, I stretch my arms out to the sides, flexing and twisting my neck, my back and shoulders crunch and pop. Rolling my neck from side to side I hear the familiar grind and crackle of a body that is tried of sleeping in a hard as fuck hospital chair. I'm lucky I even have the chair, Kirk has been in the ICU for a week, today, hopefully, she'll get transferred to a room on a regular floor at our hospital in Evansville.  Technically no-one is supposed to sleep in the ICU rooms with a patient, but fuck them if they think I'm staying away from my kitten after almost losing her.

I don't know if the let me sleep in her room because I look like a scary as fuck crazy freak (spoiler alert ... I am) or if Griz was able to pave the way for my ICU slumber party with Kirk. However it happened, I really don't care, because it wasn't gonna end any other way.

Soft hands trail down my forearm, tickling the skin.

"Big Guy, You need to sleep at home, these chairs aren't meant for 7 foot giants to sleep in. I'll see you after my transfer to Memorial." My beautiful Kitten is smiling at me with the sweetest look on her face. She still has dark black rings under her eyes, her pale skin isn't its usual healthy color, her face looks tight and angular, and her body I know for a fucking fact is much smaller than it should be. But fuck me, she is improving. She's getting better, healthier, and at last she's sleeping through the night, not waking up with those scary as fuck coughing spells. She still sounds raspy and hoarse, and she coughs too fucking much, but at least she's breathing deeper, and even staying awake a little more during the day.

"Kitten I've told you every day for the past week, if you're sleeping in this hospital then I sure as fuck am sleeping in the hospital too! No fuckin way are you going to be alone, what if something happens again? What if you need something? Never again are you going to be alone and need me and be all by your fuckin self!" Shaking my head at her I give her my serious, scary asshole face, I even roll out the mean look that usually has guys 3 times her size shaking in the fuckin boots.

She laughs at me.

"Gray, you already rescued me. Honestly, you SAVED my life. If you hadn't found me, who knows what would have happened? But baby, you did find me, and I'm fine now. I'm even going home soon, well at least to a hospital closer to home! But while I've been getting better, you've really started to look awful! Baby, you need to go home and sleep in your own bed. Stretch out and relax, eat a good meal, a healthy meal and sleep for longer than 3 hours at a time." Both of her hands are stroking my arm, she's trying to calm me, and honestly it works, to a point. Truth is I'm not gonna be calm or ok till she's healthy and home with me.

"I'm not leaving here till you leave with me. When we check you out and drive home, and I put you in my bed, then I'll stretch out with you in my arms I'll relax and sleep. Not gonna leave you here alone baby, I'm never fuckin leaving you alone again.  I swear Kirk, I couldn't fuckin take it if something happens to you again." Closing my eyes, I try to shut down the panic that rises when I think about her sick and alone in the fucking hotel room, passed out on that filthy fuckin floor.

"Well, no-one wants to get out of here more than I do Gray. I mean I'm happy that they're transferring me from this hospital to Evansville Memorial, but I do not want to have to deal at all with the 'nurse who shall not be named'!" She wrinkles her nose and shakes her head at the memory of bitch Nurse Allie showing up here in the ICU trying to 'help and take care of her friend'. Fuck no if that slag will ever be near my girl again. I don't trust that bitch to care for anyone that I love, fuck, I don't trust her to care for someone I hate.

When Kirk gets moved to Memorial, Allie is not going to have any access at all to her. She won't be on her care team, on her floor, or in the wing where Kirk will be. If I get my way, that bitch will be off the hospital pay roll and ridden out of town.

Allie isn't aware of it, but the club has connections in the hospital, better and stronger connections than Allie has. We have a good power base in town, and that includes the hospital. Allie only power is the suction power she uses during a blow job.

In a few weeks she's gonna find that her ass is out of her job, her apartment will no longer be available for her to rent. And because we aren't complete dicks, she will be offered a job several states away. And if by chance she isn't interested in moving, then she will be given 'incentive' to get her skanky ass out of here.

Why the fuck she thought she could screw with Kirk and me the way she did, and get away with it, kind of shows she's got at least one screw loose. For quite awhile she helped the club out, she kept her mouth closed as to the work she was doing, she got paid a fuck ton of under the table cash, and she partied and fucked at our club. But she crossed the line, a line that if she were smart she would have known not to even approach. But she didn't. So that showed us that her time of helping us was over. Like I said, we appreciated the help she gave us, we've paid her, we'll even get her another job way the fuck from us. Thank you and buh bye bitch.

Pulling me back into the present, I look at my girl and smile.

"Fine, I can't say that I hate you being here with me, so I might as well make the best of it." She tries to stifle a yawn and a smile, my girl is beat. She's only awake about 8 hours a day, and I see that we're about to enter nap number 5 today.

Standing and stretching, I twist my body, arching backwards and to the side, trying to wake up my muscles and uncurl my spine. I smile when I see her checking me out.

"Ok kitten, move aside, I'm comin in." Pulling down her blankets I kick off my boots and slide into the side of her hospital bed, gently moving her on top of me, making sure not to tangle up or pull on any of the lines attached to her. Then I pull the blankets up, tucking them around her, making sure she is completely covered. My legs are hanging off the end of the bed, but she is stretched out on top of me, all her curves pressing into my body, she's fucking where she needs to be, and now I can breathe and relax.

"Gray, I don't think ..."

"No baby, we're both tired, and we'll sleep better together, I've fuckin missed you, missed feeling your body on mine, missed feeling your breaths and your soft sighs. We won't be fuckin around, just sleeping. No arguing about this kitten."

I've got her splayed out on top of me, her heart to my heart. My arms around her sweet tiny body, her head tucked under my chin. The perfect placement, allowing me to be able to nuzzle my face into her hair, breather her in, keeping her body safe in my arms, her heart and her head surrounded by mine.

Taking a deep breath, I realize this is the most relaxed I've been since I found her passed out in that hotel room last week. Her breathing is steady and slow, though I can still hear the raspy shudder in her lungs, it's much better than it was yesterday and a fuck ton more improved from last week.

"K, baby, I'm so tired, and this feels so good. Love you Gray." And there it is, my girl is out.

I'm not sure how long we slept, but waking up and seeing a grumpy nurse standing at the end of the bed lets me know we've been sleeping for at least a few hours. She's looking at me with a hard bossy look and she's motioning with her hands for me to get out of the bed. Yeah, that's not happening.

Catching her eye, I match, hold, and raise the nurses death glare, and I slowly move my head in the negative. She must not be that bad because she shakes her head and with a smirk, quietly tells me we have 2 more hours till the charge nurse comes in and kicks me out of the bed, because they have to ready Kirk for the transfer. I nod and sincerely smile at her and say thank you, then I fall back asleep with my girl. My baby is wrapped in my arms and sprawled on top of me, my feet are hanging off the end of the bed, and swear to fuck, I've never felt better.