"Addicted" 🎶🎸

Happy Juneteenth To My AA/ADOS Readers 🤎🖤

Vote & Cmmt.
Enjoy 🤟🏿

___________Omniscient

___________
Omniscient.
February 2022.
2 days later.
Stoney's salon parking lot.
2:15 pm.
___________

Stoney unlocked the passenger door and turned her music down, but still hearable. She eyed Liyah and rolled her eyes as they both had on the same plain brown long sleeve shirt.

"Stop trying to be like me. Be yourself" Stoney said, and Liyah scoffed "I got dressed before you hun" Liyah smirked, and Stoney nodded. "20 dollars" "bet" "what time did you get dressed?" "5:30" "yo lying ass. You did not wear that while you were praying" they laughed, and Liyah smiled, "okay I got dressed around 6:13" Liyah said truthfully. "I got dressed at 6:10. Give me my money" Stoney cheesed, putting her hand out.

Liyah smacked her lips, going into her purse. "I should make you pay double since you wanna reveal shit" "Girl, you should've been told that poor girl. You always wanna wait till the last minute to say something" Liyah handed her a dub. "Yeah yeah" Stoney mumbled as she put her money in her middle part and grabbed her car ashtray. "How did she respond when you told her about the kiss?" Liyah asked, and Stoney ignored her, lighting her blunt.

"...I′m Lost
And I don't know how to figure it out
I′m gone
Highway to hell and I keep going down"

"You told her, right?" Liyah eyed Stoney, and Stoney closed her eyes as she inhaled. "Tab" Liyah called, and Stoney hummed, exhaling then slouching in her seat. "Man, I'm really not trying to talk about this right now" Stoney said, putting the blunt back to her lips.

"Yoo you really foul Stoney, I thought you was a changed woman?" Liyah said, mocking what Stoney told her weeks ago. "I am. I've changed in many ways. The old me would've been kicked you out my car for talking to me crazy. I'm growing, just at my own pace. Chill out" Stoney shrugged, and Liyah shook her head.

"You really didn't tell her that her best friend tried to kiss you?" Liyah asked, and Stoney huffed, getting agitated. "Bro, I couldn't, she was already crying in my damn arms. I wasn't gonna make it worse" "but you somehow still will. You lied to her" "no I didn't. I just didn't tell her everything, I will... Eventually" "you gotta tell her before she talks to Amani" "she told me she hasn't been talking to her, I'm sure I'm okay for a few more days" they went back and forth, still not getting each other's point of view.

"...Held back by the temptation, always say I don't have time
Truth is I would sit watching every second pass me by
Feeding into this thing I crave"

"I wasn't gonna tell you this, but someone told her about India, I don't know who, but she asked me about her" Liyah told her, and Stoney froze. "Did you tell her anything?" "Hell no. I barely told her about Amani, I gave her the short version" Stoney nodded, putting her blunt out, she wasn't in the smoking mood anymore.

"Who the fuck told her about India?" Stoney mumbled to herself.

Meanwhile, on the other side of town....

"...A hopeless day
'Cause once I′m in I can′t escape"

Avi'anna played with napkins that were placed on the café table, she was waiting on her coffee and Amani.

Amani was 30 minutes late, and Avi'anna was so close to leave. When she was about to text Mani never mind, Amani walked in, Avi could hear Mani's sandals. "Hey girly, I'm sorry I'm late, so much traffic" Amani lied, they both knew this town was small and walkable to the point there was never traffic. "Hello" Avi'anna said, suddenly feeling sick.

"...It's an addiction, addiction
Thought I was doing fine
Let the poison sink in, addicted"

"I've been trying to get a hold of you girl" Amani said as she sat in her seat. "I saw, I just found out some information and I didn't like it, so I've been staying to myself" Avi'anna replied, getting a little nervous. She wasn't scared of Amani, but she hated to be confrontational, usually she would just let the person get away with treating her wrong, but Amani was one of her closest friends.

"Information?" Mani looked confused then a smile went on her face.

"Oh you're talking about how Stoney kissed me? It's so unfortunate, I've been meaning to talk to you about that" Amani said, a little smile on her face. Avi'anna felt her right leg start shaking, she has never been a violent person, but all she wanted to do, was punch Amani. 'Why is she smiling' Avi'anna thought and put her hand under the table as she felt it shake.

"...I can′t stop this feeling
It's killing me inside
But I keep going back in
It steals a little life, each time
My heart goes against my mind, know it′s wrong but it feels so right
I can't stop this feeling"

"Tell me what happened" was all Avi'anna said. "I don't know if I should, I don't wanna be messy" Amani replied, looking at her grown out nails. "Bi- Amani tell me what happened" Avi'anna repeated, in a more direct tone. She was certainly learning more from Liyah.

"Okay okay" Amani huffed "you left to the store, and I was about to go to the pool, but I needed sunscreen, but I couldn't find mine, so I went in your bathroom to get some and when I was searching Stoney was getting out of the shower and she asked me what I what was doing, and I told her. I grabbed the sunscreen and when I was leaving she grabbed my arm, kissed me and I ran out the room" Amani explained. She observed Avi'anna's face to see how she was going to react.

"Well, alright" was the only thing Avi said as she got up. She sat her money down then left.

Her whole car ride to Stoney's apartment was quiet. She didn't know how to feel, or think. She didn't know who to believe. It felt like one thing after the other, she could never be happy for too long.

"...Look at where I am now
Kept wandering with my head down
Oblivious
I was so stupid, naive to think
That all this would fade
And it′d be better in the end
Maybe it's easier to pretend"

She made it to Stoney's house and used the temporary key Stoney gave her. She knew Stoney was here because she saw her car and that made her nervous. Again, she was not confrontational.

She walked into the apartment and it was silent, so she went into Stoney's room and she heard the shower running. She grabbed her duffel bag and began putting her stuff back into her bag. She heard the shower shut off and she started having a mini panic attack.

"...Lord I can't stop this feelin′
But I keep going back in
It steals a little life, each time
My heart goes against my mind, know it′s wrong but it feels so right
I can't stop this feeling"

"Baby? Is that you?" Stoney asked, as she wrapped her towel around her. "Ba- what are you doing?" Stoney asked, confused.

"I'm leaving, I- I think we need uh a um break"

"...Yes I′m addicted, addicted
It's time to say goodbye
I thought I could fix this, addicted..."

- 6/19/22
- Wh0ref0rBillie