"At Your Best" 🎶🕶

Hope y'all are having the Sunday you deserve. 🤍
Vote & Cmmt.
Enjoy 🤟🏿

___________Omniscient

___________
Omniscient.
February 2022.
A week later.
Grocery Store.
8:48 am.
___________

"...Let me know
Let me know..."

"Did you get the pickles?" Avi'anna looked at Stoney as they were about to walk down the next aisle.

It was the day of Stoney's brother's funeral, and Stoney's grandma wanted Stoney to go pick up a few more things before everyone got ready for the day.

"Um. Ima go do that" Stoney backed up and went back to the aisle they were just in. Avi'anna shook her head, and checked it off the list.

"I don't understand how this girl love pickles so much but always seems to forget them" Avi'anna mumbled as she rechecked the list. "I agree. I used to tell her that all the time" Avi heard from behind her making her turn.

Avi'anna eyed the young woman, not sure if she was talking to her, maybe she had an earpiece in.  "Hi" the woman greeted, a smile on her face, "hello" Avi replied, not trying to be rude. She turned back to the shelves, she didn't understand why this stranger was talking to her like they knew each other.

"I'm-" "baby, I got-" there was a few seconds of silence. "Hi Tabitha" Avi'anna heard and immediately looked at both Stoney and the woman. The woman was eyeing Stoney and Avi'anna unknowingly glared at the woman, she didn't like that the woman was looking at Stoney the same way she looked at her. Meanwhile, Stoney didn't pay her any attention.

Stoney was looking at the pickles, acting like she was reading the labels.

"Tabitha, don't ignore me baby" The woman said taking a step closer to her and Avi'anna chuckled. "Baby?" She questioned lowly, not sure if she heard right. Stoney took that as Avi'anna's warning to get her away from the woman, and she was gonna listen.

"Let's go ma" Stoney said, walking around the woman and grabbing Avi'anna's hand, and they walked away. Pickles in Stoney's other hand and the cart in Avi's.

All they needed left was Ice, but the store didn't have the big ones they needed, so they decided to go to the mini market close to Stoney's parents house for that.

The ride back was quiet. Avi'anna's leg bounced as she slightly pouted, and looked out the window. "What's wrong?" Stoney asked, as she pulled into the driveway "who is she?" Avi'anna asked, and Stoney suddenly had to see the last song she played. She read the screen and avoided Avi's eye contact "okay" Avi'anna nodded and was about to get out the car.

"...When I feel what I feel, sometimes it's hard to tell you so
You may not be in the mood to learn
What you think you know
There are times, when I find, you wanna keep yourself from me
When I don't have the strength, I'm just a mirror of what I see"