06

I fall back on the bed, pushing the empty plate towards the end of the bed

I fall back on the bed, pushing the empty plate towards the end of the bed. I take in a long breath trying to get my body to relax.

Last night I had lost it. The spiders consumed me.

Ever since I was a little girl I would have nightmares of the fully black spiders. It was as if I was in third person yet I could feel everything. 

The spiders would start from the ends of my limbs, crawling up my body. They would cause me to choke as they pooled out from my mouth. I would be frozen in place, not able to move as the spiders took me over until I was nothing. No me was left by the end of the nightmare.

The eight legged animal is the only thing that can bring fear over me.

Last night I was too vulnerable. Damien now knows I have a weakness he can use against me. The last time someone knew my weakness I was ten years old, that night will forever terrify me.

Three knocks on the locked door wake me from my thoughts.

"Can I come in?" a familiar voice asks.

I sit up straight on the bed, "yeah."

The redhead cracks the door open, her blue eyes look around the room before she fully opens the door. She makes sure to lock it as soon as she is in. 

She holds up some clothing with a soft smile on her face.

"Here are some clothes you can pick for your meeting with Mr Sidorov," she lays out all the clothes on the bed.

"What's your name?" I asks as I get up from the bed.

She looks at me suprised, her cheeks grow pink.

"Aria," her voice a little quieter than before.

I nod, standing beside her as I look through the clothing options. I pick a small black skirt and a white blouse. 

I glance over to Aria, "Are there any undergarments I can wear?"

Her eyes move around the room until they land on a dresser against the wall. She goes over to the dresser, opening up the top left drawer and then the drawer right beside it. I go next to her, looking inside. There are tens of laced and cotton underwear and the other drawer holds a variety of bras.

I grab one of each and set it with the other articles of clothing I picked out.

"Damien will be here in a few minutes to bring you to his office," she looks to the floor, "he doesn't trust you with his other men, he thinks you'll attack them."

I can't help but smile, "Good."

She gathers the clothes I didn't choose, piling them in her arms.

"I better get going, Vittoria," she nods, unlocking the door.

I'm about to correct her, but catch myself. She notices, her mouth almost making a frown but she holds back.

She closes the door behind her and I can hear the key working as she locks me inside the bedroom.