16

My throat squeezes in and my lungs beg for air

My throat squeezes in and my lungs beg for air. My eyes burst open and the hands around my throat shove my deeper into the mattress.

My vision blurs, I kick my legs from under the body holding me down. My feet go to their stomach and I kick with all the power in me. The fall back, nearly falling backwards off the bed. I do my best to scramble of the bed as I'm wheezing for air.

I don't look back at the person, but I can hear them coming up behind me. I reach for the doorknob but the person grabs my shoulder and kicks my knees from the back making me fall.

I push myself up and get a look at the person, I recognize them as someone I've passed here, but I don't have a name to match their face.

We stare at eachother, waiting for one of us to make the next move. I reach over and grab what ever item I can, which happens to be a hairbrush.

I throw it somewhere in the room, "Fetch, dog."

The man looks over to the hairbrush for a second and I take my chance to charge. I elbow him in the throat. He coughs, reaching out to grab me. Just as I'm about to throw a punch he grabs my forearm. I lift my foot to kick his leg, but he kicks my other leg which causes me to fall to the floor.

I try to get up, but he gets ontop of me, slamming my back to the floor. I cough from the wind being knocked out of me. I squirm, he legs are keeping my arms stuck by my side. His hands go to my throat again, wrapping tight, closing my windpipe. He repetitively slams my head on the floor with how he keeps moving his arms.

I use my feet, trying to kick him off but he stays where he is. I open my mouth to scream but it's just a small squeaking sound that leaves.

I slam feet against the floor hoping someone will hear. Barely three seconds, that feel like they lasted minutes, the door bursts open. The man is shoved off me and I just roll over and gasp for air to refill my lungs.

I don't watch, but I can hear the fists being punched, the cracking of bones and the groans from the man until there are none.

A hand grabs my shoulder and rolls me so my back is to the floor. Damien looks down to me, a couple drops of blood lay on his cheek.

His eyes search over my face and go to my neck, no doubt seeing the marks left.

My heart keeps thudding against my chest, I need him to say something.

"Are you hurt?" he asks.

I shake my head.

"Okay, good," he releases a breath.

I leans down and lifts me up, my hands go to his shoulder for stability. He doesn't say anything as he carries me out of the room and down the hall. We end up infront of his door, he adjust his hands on me so he can open the door.

He sets me on the bed and walks away to turn on the lights.

His eyes go straight to my neck again, "I'm going to go get some ice, just stay here, yeah?"