25

There is a moment of silence from the men being interrupted before the door knob starts to turn

There is a moment of silence from the men being interrupted before the door knob starts to turn. I grip my gun into my hand , keeping it behind my back. The door creaks as it opens. A man stares at me questionably as I stare back with a smile.

In a quick motion , my hand moves from behind my back to where the barrel of the gun is pressed to the man's forehead. In my perepherial vision I see the two other men reach for their weapons on the table , meaning the man whose head is currently pressed to my gun is unarmed.  

I grab his shoulder and turn him around to face his friends and dig the barrel of my gun deeper into his scalp.

"Put them down," I direct my hand towards the table where they had picked up their weapons.

Reluctantly, they set their guns back down and step away from the table. 

Swiftly, I move my gun to point at the man on the right. Pull the trigger. Point to the man on the left. Pull the trigger. And, now my gun is back to guy's head that is standing infront of me.

"Sidorov!" I call out. The three guys come out from their spot and look into the room. 

"Check them for identification," I tell them. Alek and Kai walk around me to the corpses, digging into their pockets.

"Aaron Carter," Kai says, reading from a wallet.

"Pedro Ramsey," Alek says after.

I take my gun and put it in my waistband, looking up to the man infront of me. A long scar runs from the side of his nose acrossed his cheek.

"ID?" I ask him.

He sighs and reaches into his back pocket to grab a leather wallet and hands it over to me. The name inside reads Romeo Vitale, age forty- three. My eyebrows raise, "Romeo?"

I try my best to see if I recognize him as the Romeo I vividly remember as a child, but I don't.  

"That's what it says," his accent is laced with italian, he looks as if he is trying not to roll his eyes.

"You worked for my father, Lucian," I inform him.

His eyebrows draw together, "Donatella?"

I nod, "You- how could you betray your own family," my anger rises.

Romeo grinds his jaw, looking off behind me, "Sidorov...you tell me I betrayed family, look at who you are teaming with."

I clench my jaw so tight that I feel as if I could break through my teeth. 

"Guys, there's some people heading towards your room. Both ways," Aria says into our ears.

Damien, Alek, Kai, and I all make eye contact before I speak up, "Do not let Romeo get out of sight." 

A second later both doors open and all our guns are aimed at either entrance, which are now fill with men who are also aiming guns at us. 

You do not need to count to tell that we are outnumbered. My gun's barrel lowers slightly , now pointing at a guy's knee.