21

I lift my head from under the water, gasping in for air

I lift my head from under the water, gasping in for air. I run my hands through my wet hair and pull the plug on the drain of the bath tub. Reaching for the towel hanging on the wall, I wrap it around my body.

Last night, once we had finally gotten home, I had just wrapped myself up in heated blankets and went to sleep.

When I open the bathroom door my eyes land on the white rose laying on my pillow. Who would have left that there, I wonder. I pick it up my the stem, careful not to poke myself on a thorn. I set the flower on my vanity.

I dry my hair and put on my outfit I had set on my bed; black dress pants and a black laced top. I decide to put on a belt with a gold logo on it.

A knock comes from my door so I call out, "Come in."

The door opens and Alek steps into my bedroom. He wears a pair of loose joggers with a white t-shirt, making me feel a little bit overdressed. But, what does it really matter.

"Damien was asking for you," Alek infroms me while his eyes study over my room.

"What for?" I ask him.

"He's found something on Axel," he walks over to one of my dressers against the wall, looking at everything on it.

I watch as he picks up a picture frame, "Who is this?" he questions.

I go up next to him and look at the photo in his hand. In the picture has me on my fifth birthday blowing out candles on a cake. Five year old me's teeth are all out in a big smile, with my cheeks in a bright shade of pink.

My birthday every year falls on the day before Halloween, October 30th. Once I turn twelve, my parents through a Halloween/ Birthday party in our ball room. My favorite part about it was that it was masquerade themed. Sometimes the kids would wear something that went along their Halloween costume's theme, like a purge mask or Michael Meyers.

It being October twnety-third means the countdown left 'till my birthday is seven days. 

"That's me," I answer Alek's question.

He makes a small surpside sound, "You look different."

"I'm older," I state the obvious.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

I take a seat in my father's office chair, Damien and Alek sit across from me.

"What did you find?" I ask straight away.

He opens his laptop and turns it to face me. I read everything on the screen. In colums are different pays and sells of various starting from expensive bags to guns. And then there are names that are also listed with the items like Carrie, Mary, Ellie, Harper, Leah, and the list goes on. Their prices go from fifteen grand all the way to twenty four million.

"What are the names code for?" I question.

Damien goes on to say, "I think drugs. Carry being cocaine, Mary MDEA and so on." He click another tab and it starts brining up different weights, "Their pricing matches up with their weight mostly."