26

I wait and watch as the yellow car drives off before heading towards the side of the building, my hand hovering over where my gun lies beneath my waistband

I wait and watch as the yellow car drives off before heading towards the side of the building, my hand hovering over where my gun lies beneath my waistband. My shoulder brushes against the side of the building as I walk towards the door, staying aware of my surrounding.

I stop when I reach the door and take a deep breath and reach out to the handle to test if it's unlocked. Sure enough, it is. I pull the handle downwards and look both ways down the hall, following my path like last time. 

I eventually reach the door where everything went down last time. I listen to hear if anyone is inside, once I'm sure it's clear I open the door. In the middle of the room lies a puddle of blood and a trail that leads out the door. The amount of blood makes me nervous if I want to even follow it, but I do.

The trail leads down a quick hall haults at an old rusted door. I press my ear against the door and the rusted flakes poke into my cheek. I go to turn the knob but it is locked so I take out my pick and stick it into the hole moving it in the way I was taught by my father. This time when I go to turn the knob it turns all the way.

The door opens to a stairway leading to a creepy looking basement. Hesitantly I step down the first stair, staring at the blood trail leading down them, and close the door behind me. I descend the way down the concrete stairs. 

I almost gasp at what I see in the room. Damien is tied up to a metal chair, blood soaking his clothes and staining his skin, his face is bobbed down as if he is passed out. 

I rush over and lean up his head, his eyes weakily open. He sighs when he sees me,

"Donatella," his voice is weak and broken.

"No. Don't talk," I tell him, holding his head up to look at me and press a kiss to his forehead.

I take Allegra out from the strap on my waist and cut the ropes holding his hands together behind the chair. And then I cut the ropes holding his ankles to each of the front legs of the chair.

I go to help him up but the moment he goes to get up he winces and his hands go to his stomach.

"Damien, I am the only one here. I can not carry you , so I need you to get up. Okay?" I urge him.

He nods his head and squeezes his eyes as he pushes off the chair and onto his feet. I lock my arm around his. I lead us towards the stairs and I can hear his heavy breathing with each step.

He looks up the stairs and then at me with a worried look, his face already pale from blood loss, "I do not think I can do this, Donatella."

"Yes you can , Damien. Now , come on," I'm not letting him give up.

After what feels like an hour we get up the stair case. I open the basement door and look down the hall to see a little lady pushing a drink cart the other way. I look over to Damien to see him white as a ghost , looking like he is about to throw up. He can hardly stand.