15

Pulling the trigger of a gun is simple, but the outcome of the death it causes is more complex

Pulling the trigger of a gun is simple, but the outcome of the death it causes is more complex. It's the same with telling the truth from a lie, the words are simple but the reaction from the people fed the lie makes the lie complicated. A single lie can make someone not believe in your trust.

But, I don't really care if these people being fed the lie will trust me after they are handed the truth. I just need to keep my family from danger.

We're currently on Damien's plane back to Russia. Others on the plane have given Matteo looks wondering who he is. 

Matteo sits to my left, Aria to my right, and Damien across from me with Alek and Kai on either side. The rest of the passengers sit with their friends and family. The American is tied up to a chair asleep, his head tilted to use his shoulder as a pillow. He can't be much older than twenty.

Aria leans forward to speak over to Matteo, "So, how do you know Donatella?"

Matteo gives me a warry look so I answer for him, "We grew up together."

"Oh," she says, then turns to Kai and starts a conversation.

I notice Matteo's thumb flicking his index finger, an often habit of his when he's nervous.

"Tell me something about Spain," I try to get his mind somewhere else.

He takes a moment to think.

"Spain hosts the world's biggest tomato fight every year since 1945," he says of the top of his mind.

"What about Greece?" I ask him.

"They are the third largest producers of olives," he tells me.

I notice how his shoulders have now relaxed, no longer stiffened and his hands are now sitting on his thighs.

"When did you learn that?" Alek asks from across Matteo.

"One of my uncles taught me," Matteo tells him keeping it simple.

Adam one of my 'uncles', he's not blood related but he's really close with my parents, he was trying to get Matteo on one of those genius kid shows and then it turned into a hobby of Matteo to learn facts about different countries.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

I help Matteo unpack his suitcase in one of the open guest rooms. He's been really quiet since we've landed. He usually isn't shy around new people but when he is it's like he completely shuts down and I have to hold the reset button to get him back.

"Hopefully they'll keep the lock open for us so we aren't prisoners," I joke and he just hangs up the last item of clothing.

I sit back on his new bed and I sink down into the mattress. After Matteo changes we are going downstairs to share who we are.