20

"What the hell, Donatella?" I shove my face into my pillow hoping it with suffocate me as my brother screams at me

He grabs the pillow from under me and throws it against the door.

"What? What could you possibly need that you had to wake me up?" my voice raises.

"Um I don't know, maybe that the guy you were supposed to kill and his brother are sitting in our living room," Vincenzo looks up as if he was thinking.

"Oh yeah. I was going to tell you but then I got tired," I shrug my shoulder and step of my bed.

I go over to my closet where I keep spare clothes for when I stay over. I pull out a black cropped tanktop and black low-waisted cargo pants.

I look over my shoulder and see Vince turned around messing with things on my desk. I turn back around and quickly change into my clothes.

"Are you going to tell me why they are here?" he asks.

"Yeah, one sec."

I walk over beside Vince so I can get a look at myself in the mirror. I sigh when I see the red, yellow, and purple bruise along my neck. I bring my hand up to the bruise lightly touching it and it still is sore but not unbearable.

"Did one of them do that to you?" my brother asks worriedly.

I shake my head, "No," when I see the doubt in his eyes I add, "I promise."

I take a seat on the edge of the bed, Vince follow suit. I go on to tell him everything I had told my parents yet he doesn't see completely on board.

"You shouldn't have brought them here,"  he runs a hand through his dark hair.

We sit in silence for a minute or two before I ask, "Have you met them yet?"

"No."

I get up, grabbing his hand and pull him up. I guide him downstairs to where Damien and Alek are. Ezra sits across from them with a cup of water in his hand.

Vince stands straight up beside me in his tailored suit. Damien gaze lands on me, a soft smile dancing on his lips. 

"Damien, Alek, this is my brother Vincenzo," I introduce him.

They all just awkwardly stare at eachother. I clear my throat and walk around Vince and into the library where my Mamma most likely is.

Just as I assumed, she sits on the cushioned bench with her legs curled up by her side, a book in hand.

She looks up, closing her book with her finger holding her page spot.

"Is Kamila here?" I ask her.

She nods, "I think she is in the basement with Salvatore."

"Alright, thank you," I leave the room and go to the basement stairs.

The basement hall is lit which means they are still down here. The only door that has light shining from underneath is the training room. I knock and open the door.