23

The sound of the fire alarm jults me awake

The sound of the fire alarm jults me awake. Immeditaly I throw my blankets off of me and run down the stairs. The moment I reach the bottom of the stairs, Damien appears infront of me, on of his hands on the bannister and the other on the wall, keeping me from coming down.

"Nope, go back up," he tells me.

I try to shove him to see where the hell this burnt smell is coming from, but he doesn't budge.

"What is burning?" I ask trying to see around the wall to the kitchen.

"Nothing."

"I can literally smell it, what is it?" I ask again, getting more annoyed.

I swear if my house burns down I'm will actually murder him.

"Ow!" I hear a shout from the kitchen that belongs to Alek.

Damien looks over to where the kitchen is and rolls his eyes, "Ты идиот. Почему ты не надел перчатки для духовки?" [You're an idiot. Why didn't you put on oven gloves?]

Then I hear the sink start running, followed by Alek cursing.

Alek runs past the stairs with one hand in the other with a cringe on his face and I can't but let out a small laugh.

"Oh don't you laugh at me, Donatella, he's the one that tried to make you breakfast but burnt everything," Alek says through clenched teeth.

My eyes dart over to Damien, who is know scowling at Alek. 

Since he isn't looking I duck under his arm and run over to the kitchen, he tries to stop me but fails.

Oh my...

Smoke rises off the black, what used to be food, in pans and the toaster.

I turn to Damien and raise a brow, "Do you even know how to cook?"

"Yes," he answers quickly.

"Shut the fuck up. No you don't!" Alek says from the other side of the room still holding his hand.

I go over to the stove and pick up a pan with a burnt, what I assume is a pancake, and dump it into the trashcan.

Damien does the same with the ruined food, while I open the freezer and take out microwave french toast.

Most of the food I keep here is freezer food because I usually am not here for a while and the food stays good for a long time. 

Once the microwave alarm goes off, I seperate the french toast on three plates. Alek, Damien, and I take our seat at the bar and dig in.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Are we going to bring anyone else to Malta?" Damien asks from the spot beside me on the sofa.