10

My right fist goes to the center of the punching bag, then followed by my left

My right fist goes to the center of the punching bag, then followed by my left. I lift my leg and kick. Using my palms I stop the bag from swinging and grab my water bottle from the floor. The ice cold water is refreshing from my body being heated and exhausted.

I was allowed to go to the workout room so I've now been in here for four hours. The only people who have walked in take one look at me and then leave. So what they haven't accepted me as their own, I don't care because I'm not one of them. I won't ever be,

I take the hand towel I set on the bench and wipe the sweat off the back of my neck and then my forehead. I smooth out the hairs sticking up from my ponytail.

The door open and Alek steps in but stops the moment he notices he's not the only one in here. He's about to leave but I hold my hand up.

"The room is all yours, Orso," I grab my things, tucking my water bottle under my arm.

Alek doesn't acknowledge me, he just shoves past me, his body brushing against my shoulder. I roll my eyes and slam the door shut behind me.

I make my way upstairs to my room and gather clean clothes. I go to the bathroom in the hall, turning the shower to hot water. I undress, setting my clothes on the toilet, then get into the shower.

Once I'm finished I brush through my hair and change into black leggings and a tight green shirt that matches my eyes.

My thumb rubs over the black spider burnt into my skin. I will find the men who did this to six year old me.

It's terrifying to know those men still walk around. I only know the face of one of them, the rest all wore masks with a smile engraved on them.

I push my thoughts away and grab my things and go to my room. I'm not even in here for a full minute when the door is thrown open.

Aria stands in the doorway with a finger up in the air as she catches her breath.

"I could have been naked," I cross my arms over my chest.

She looks me over, "Well you aren't."

I gesture for her to tell me what she came here for.

"Oh, Damien has our take off time to New York at seven thirty tonight," she tells me.

My brows crease together, "Our flight?"

"Yeah... to find Liam," she is looking at me as if I should have known this.

"Damien is letting me leave this house, wait no, he is letting me leave the country," I confirm.

"Well, yes. So, get packing," and with that said she leaves the room.

"Nikita!" she squeals from the hall and then yelps, followed with a thud.

I open the closet and on the top shelf has a black suitcase. I stand on the tips of my toes to pull it down. I unzip it on the bed and start folding random clothes and throwing them into the suitcase.