Chapter 2

Hailee POV
"Tell me all the details, girl!" Madison said excitedly as we both sat on her couch with cups of tea in our hands.

I told her what I could remember from last night but I left out the not so PG parts. I told her about the note he left me this morning. She didn't believe me and I had to physically show her to note to make her believe me.

"Call him and marry him, Hailee." She said after reading the note herself. I just laughed at her. "If you won't, I will." She sounded serious.

"I'm not going to marry him yet, Maddie." I replied to her.

"'Yet'?" Of course she picks up on that. "Are you going to call him? You should call him." I love Maddie, don't get me wrong but she can be very intense at times.

"I don't know. I mean, he's sweet and he was so gentle and kind with me but wouldn't it be awkward. He doesn't even know my name."

"Do you think he recognised you?" I hadn't even thought about it.

"I don't think so. But he could have just been that drunk." I told her.

"From what you've said, I don't think he was that drunk." She was probably right but I didn't think too much about it.

Y/n POV
"How'd it go last night?" Ryan immediately asked me as I walked into work.

"Good morning to you too." I replied with a laugh as I walked over to my desk.

"Morning. How'd it go?" He asked again.

"Dude, I know I said I wasn't going to do that but damn, she was something else. I left her my number so she might call me, might not, we'll see." I shrugged my shoulders and took a sip of my coffee.

"Why are you so happy this morning? You do know it's a Monday, right?" Grace said as she walked in with her coffee. Grace was Ryan's identical twin sister. They both had ivory skin, dark brown hair and piercing green eyes. Although they looked the same, they couldn't be more different. Ryan was friendly to everyone and was a big softie but Grace was basically the definition of a badass, she didn't trust easily and seemed cold to everyone else.

"Y/n finally got some last night." Ryan practically shouted.

"Dude! Not cool!" I groaned at him.

"Well done, man. It's been painful watching you be so miserable for the last 8 months." Despite her words, her tone stayed at the usual monotone voice she always had.

"I wasn't miserable." I protested.

"You kinda were, Y/n." Alex said from his desk. Alex was the Sargeant and was a buff, dark skinned man, he was basically the opposite of Grace, he seemed like a scary guy but he was a huge softie.

"You too, Sarge? What is this, bully Y/n day?" I groaned.

"Y/l/n stop whining, there's suspected drug activity on St Peter's Street, you and Newman will take it." Captain Briggs came out of his office, an older, also dark skinned, instead of being bald like the Sarge, Captain had a small amount of gray hair around his head.

Ryan and I got up and headed out to the cars towards our destination.

"Time to work for a living." Ryan groaned as he plugged his seat belt in. (Safety first, kids)

"Do you always have to quote Tony Stark?" I laughed, he did it every time we got a new case, it's almost a tradition at this point.

Hailee POV
When I got back to my house, the first thing I heard were the pitter patters of 8 tiny paws running along the floor. Martini and Brando both ran up to me and ran around my feet.

"Hi, my loves." I greeted the small puppies. I put my belongings on the kitchen counter top before picking them both up to give them attention.

I loved my family and my dogs but I couldn't help but feel like something was missing. My mind wandered back to the man from last night. Maybe I should call him. I thought but before I could act on those thoughts, I heard the sound of my phone going off. I noticed my mom was calling so I instantly answered.

"Hi, mom."

"Hi, Haiz. I'm just calling to make sure you're okay. Griffin tried to go to yours at around 9 last night but you didn't answer, he tried again this morning and you didn't answer again." It was nice that my mom wanted to make sure I was okay but also could be seen as a little annoying as I like to have some privacy.

"Yeah, mom, I'm okay. I went out last night and stayed at a friends house." I think we're a bit more than friends but my mom doesn't need to know that.

"What friends did you stay at?"

"Madison's." I lied. I wasn't going to tell my mom that I had a one night stand with a stranger who left me his number and I don't know if I should call him or not.

"Okay, as long as you're safe." She checked.

"Yes, mom. I'm safe. I just got home actually." I told her.

"Okay. Your dad just got home so I have to go but I'll see you at dinner tomorrow, right?"

"Yes, mom. I'll see you tomorrow. Say hi to dad for me." We said our goodbyes and hung up the phone.

I sat down on my couch and decided to be lazy for the rest of the day. I put on a movie and cuddled with my dogs, I didn't need to change clothes since Y/n's clothes were very comfortable. I'm sure they make men's clothes more comfortable than women's!

Before I knew it, I was asleep on my couch cuddled up with my puppies as 'Mean Girls' continued to play on the TV.

-----------------

Will Hailee call Y/n?

A little insight to Y/n's job, he's a cop if nobody got that. I also lightly based the other people at his work on the characters from Brooklyn 99 because I love the dynamic they have.