Chapter 11

Y/n POV
Just as I finished cooking breakfast for Hailee, she came downstairs, ready for the day. 

"Here you go." I put the plate of food at the kitchen counter for her.

"Thank you." She smiled at me before tucking into her breakfast. By the time she had finished it was already 11:45. The appointment wasn't until 12:30 but it took roughly 30 minutes to drive to the clinic and its always better to be there early, so we got ready to head out. 

The car ride was almost silent. Not many words were exchanged between Hailee and I. I could tell that for most of the ride she was deep in thought. However, despite the lack of conversation between the two of us, the music from the radio quietly filled the car. 

We were about 5 minutes away from the clinic when an all-too familiar tune came through the radio. I turned the volume up and turned to look at Hailee with a smirk, she looked back and shook her head with a smile on her face as I nodded back. 

"You the wave upon my ocean." I sung to her as she tilted her head back on the seat with a smile on her face. 

"Oh sweet Jesus." I heard her mumble through a laugh as I continued to sing her song to her. By the look on her face, I could tell she didn't expect me to do the rap but I put on my best Anderson Paak impression and rapped it flawlessly. Once the initial shock had subsided, she joined in with my mini performance and sang the rest of the song with me. "Is there anything you can't do?" She asked with a laugh.

"I'm terrible at flirting with women." I said honestly as I pulled into a parking spot. 

"You got me, didn't you?" She argued. 

"Nah, that's just you having low standards, babe." I teased with a wink and immediately got out the car before she could say something back. 

Wait, babe? Way to go Y/n, make this even harder. No more pet names!

We walked side by side towards the entrance of the clinic, my hand itched to reach an inch to the right and grasp Hailee's. It took all my self control to not allow my fingers to drift to hers. 

When we reached the entrance, we signed in before taking a seat in the waiting room. Minutes later, Joe came in and sat next to Hailee, he greeted her but ignored me. We weren't sat there for long before a nurse came to get us and took us to a room.

"The doctor will be with you guys soon." The nurse said before he left the room. There was a slightly awkward silence between the three of us. While we waited, I preoccupied myself with looking at all the poster and brochures. 

"Hi. How are we doing?" Dr Richards asked as she came into the room.

"Okay, thanks, Doctor." Hailee replied politely with a smile.

"Can we just get on with this?" Joe asked impatiently. I scowled at him but didn't say anything, I looked to the doctor and Hailee who both shared a look.

"Just to check, you're here for a paternity test and a check up scan, correct?" Dr Richards asked.

"Yes, that right."  Hailee confirmed.

"Okay. Let's do the paternity test first before we check up on the baby." She smiled and started getting things ready. "It will take around 3 to 5 days to get the results back. I just need a DNA sample from both possible fathers and I'll have to take a blood sample from the baby."

The doctor took our blood samples before getting the sonogram ready. 

"Can you lift your shirt please, Hailee? This will be cold." Dr Richards said as she wheeled the machine from the side of the room. When Hailee rolled up the bottom of her shirt, I noticed the tiny bump that had started to form.