Chapter 24

Y/n POV

Three weeks later and we were on our way to Uncle Sams. Dylan decided they would join us to get a break from the busy life of LA. They told me that the reason they ended up in the hospital was because of some colleges of theirs who never left them alone about who they are. I convinced him to quit and find another job and, in true older brother fashion, found the guys who were the cause of this and made them feel guilty. That being said, when I told them they didn't seem to care much, they're just assholes I guess.

When booking the flight to Georgia, Hailee upgraded us to first class which I argued with at first but once that woman has her mind set on something, nothing will change it. Though, I'm glad she did because damn are these seats spacious and comfortable. It's a mile better than being sat next to a crying baby, a kid kicking your chair from behind, no leg room and being able to feel the springs in the chair like economy is. The seats were arranged in rows of 2 so I had Hailee next to me, she had to isle seat so be able to go to the toilet quickly if she needed, and Dylan was across the isle next to Hailee. 

Since the flight from LA to Brunswick was just over 6 hours and we were approaching our 2nd hour in the air, I was getting bored. So I decided to peek over Hailee's shoulder and see what she was doing on her laptop. 

"What'cha doing?" I asked despite of the fact that I could clearly see she was answering emails.

"Working." She answered with a bored tone. "I'm almost done. Wanna watch a movie with me?" 

"Yes. Please! I am so bored." I replied dramatically. 

"How do you usually entertain yourself on a plane?" She asked.

"Usually their two hours max. I've only made this journey once and that was filled with me trying to figure out where Dylan and I would stay and trying to look for an affordable apartment and a job for D." I answered. "So I wasn't so much entertained as I was panicking, realising that I had planned none of that out. The only thing that was certain was my acceptance to the academy."  

"Well, you did it and look at where you are now." She praised me and nudged my shoulder, making me blush slightly.

"Yeah, we lived in a hotel for two weeks though." 

"That doesn't matter. I sure as hell could have been able to move to a new state with Griff and start our own lives. It was brave and amazing of you to have done that." 

"Thanks." I said before changing the subject. "What movie do you want to watch?" I asked, scrolling through the options.

"How about The Notebook?" She asked pointing at it on the screen. 

"Sure. Have you seen it?" I asked getting the dual headphone adapter out of my bag.

"Yes. It's so sad. I want a love like that." She pouted slightly. 

"Talk about pressure." I mumbled under my breath plugging in the headphones and handing her one pair and starting up the movie.

By the end she was a sobbing mess on my shoulder. I wasn't sure if it was the movie or her hormones, most likely both, but I still comforted her. Maybe, I was made of stone and didn't find it that sad. Though, to be fair, I did think they could have done the scene where she remembers better. Once she had calmed down a thought came to my head, how would I introduce her to my family? 

I won't say friend because we are dating and having twins together yet, we aren't officially boyfriend and girlfriend and I don't want to push her to something she's not ready for. Despite these thoughts, we've agreed to always communicate with each other about anything. So I did, "How should I introduce you to my family?" 

"I don't know. What do you think?" She asked. 

"I'm not sure. I know that I really like you and we're more than friends but I don't want to push being a boyfriend and girlfriend." I explained to her. 

"How about 'your girl' and my man." She offered. "It's half way between the two and doesn't really lead to any unusual or unnecessary follow up questions." 

"That's good. I like that." I smiled at her. "I like you being my girl." I smiled, having the most genuinely warm feeling inside hearing her agree to be something more than friends.

"And I like being your girl, mush." She smirked back. She lent forward and pressed a light, quick kiss to my lips.

"Na-ah. That wasn't a proper kiss." I argued with a pout. She chucked at me before giving me a proper kiss. I cupped her jaw and deepened the kiss, conveying all that I feel into the kiss.

This girl drives me crazy.

This a little shorter than usual but I want to meet the family in it's own chapter.