Chapter 17

Y/n POV
After the official confirmation that the twins were in fact mine, Hailee and I decided it was time to tell our friends about them.

Hailee's bump was becoming more visible as she approached the 20 week scan, especially since she was carrying two babies. We decided we wanted to find out the genders of the babies, it would just make things easier when buying appropriate clothing and making their bedroom.

I had also moved back in with Hailee. We had also rescheduled our date for this Saturday. Everything was back on track.

Today Hailee was meeting her friends for lunch and was going to tell them. I was going to tell the squad at some point today too. It might sound a little sad, but my colleges are my only proper friends in Cali. I still have old school and childhood friends in Georgia but it's been years since I've really seen them. 

Hailee came downstairs while I made bacon and eggs for breakfast. She sat at the counter while I plated it up. As soon as I placed her plate in front of her, she got both of our bacons and threw them in the trash. She threw away my bacon!

"Can you take the trash out? It smells bad." She took her eggs and walked away as if she didn't just throw away my bacon! I watched her walk away with my jaw dropped from her audacity.

I know that she's pregnant and her hormones are all over the place but was it really necessary to chuck out my bacon as well? Absolutely not!

I clenched my jaw but took the bag out of the bin and put it outside ready for collection. 

By the time I had come back in, Hailee was putting her plate in the sink and was dressed ready for the day. She wore lose fitting jeans and a baggy hoodie to hide the growing bump of the tiny devils that just made her throw away my bacon. I'm not getting over that anytime soon. Next time she's craving something, she can get it herself. I'm sure as hell not doing it after that!

"What time do you start?" She asked as she turned around to look at me. 

"In about half an hour. I was going to leave in a minute so I could tell them before we start." I explained.

"Okay. Julie is going to pick me up in a few hours, so I'm going to my parents for an hour or so." I nodded and grabbed the keys to my car. "You should really get a new car." Hailee said randomly.

"Why?" I was never going to get rid of my car. It means too much to me. "What's wrong with my car?" I pushed.

"It's old." That was all she countered with.

"So what if it's old? It still works just fine. I'm not getting rid of my car, Hailee. Have a good day." I snapped slightly but I was already pissed off at her about my bacon. She had no right to throw away my bacon and she has no right to tell me to get a new car. She would never have said that if she understood what that car means to me. 

I tried to ignore the annoyance and get on with my day. There was hardly any traffic today which meant I didn't have to dwell on what Hailee said. I shouldn't hold it against her. She doesn't know why I love this car, if she did she wouldn't have said that. Hailee's not rude like that. It's just the hormones. I convinced myself.

I pulled into the underground car park and put my pin in around 10 minutes before I was scheduled to start; I was hoping that everyone was here already or would be here soon.

I took the stairs rather than the elevator today. It was only 2 floors up so honestly it was lazy of me to take the elevator rather than the stairs. Just to my luck, everyone was in the break room getting coffee before we started which made my life easier.

"Hey, Y/n." Ryan greeted me before I could announce my presence or anyone else noticed me.

"Hey, guys." I greeted everyone and picked up a cup to make some coffee. "I need to talk to you all." I stated as I turned around to look at them all. They were all either sat on chairs around the table or on one of the couches, all except for Ryan. "Ry, you of all people will want to sit down for this." I remember how Ryan got excited before.

"You all remember the girl that I hooked up with a couple months ago?" Of course they remembered, they still continuously take the piss out of me for it. "I lied to you all about it. She did call me. It was about a month after we slept together." I confessed.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Ryan asked with a hurt look on his face.

"I don't know. I knew that if I told you guys I was always get asked about it and if she broke up with me I wouldn't live that down either." Grace nodded knowing that I was right. 

"Is she your girlfriend then?" Leah asked.

"Not exactly. It's complicated." It's always damn complicated. "There was something that gave her the push to call me. Something she thought I deserved to know." 

"What was it?" Alex asked.

"She's pregnant." Ryan shot out if his seat and started bouncing on his feet like I expected he would. "Ryan calm down." I laughed at my dumbass best friend and forcefully sat him back in his seat.

"Then what?" Leah asked.

"I told her I would be there. No way was I going to abandon my kid." I said as if it were obvious, which it sort of was. They all knew what kind of person I am. 

"I don't mean to be rude, Y/n. Bu how do you even know this kid is yours? You slept together one time. What's to say she wasn't sleeping around with loads of guys?" Alex asked. It did come across rude but I knew that he only meant it out of concern. 

"I get that but we did a DNA test. Her ex-boyfriend claimed it to be his and they only broke up around a week before her and I got together so it was only right to be sure. It's definitely, 100% mine." I smiled at the thought. "Oh one last thing, I almost forgot to mention, it's twins." I dropped the bomb.

"What?!" A chorus of replies exclaimed at the same time.

The damn bacon!

This chapter is probably one of my favourites so far. 

What's up with Y/n's car?

Over 30k reads is insane you guys, thank you so much!