Chapter 30

Y/n POV

"Fuck you." I seethed though my teeth before punching him in the face. "You have no right, none!" I shouted at him. "First, don't be a dick - then you can have an opinion on my life." 

--

*That morning*

"You ready?" I asked Hailee as she finally walked downstairs.

"Yep. Let's go." She said excitedly as she dragged me by my hand. 

The whole day I took her to the places I loved when I grew up before we went to Annie's for lunch. After, I took her to my favourite place as a kid... well- second favourite. I took her to Pinball Palace. 

"Just tell me." She whined as I drove towards the arcade. 

"Babe, I'm not telling you." I laughed as she pouted like a toddler. I put a hand on her thigh and squeezed reassuringly as she turned to look out the window.

Not even five minutes passed before we arrived. I unplugged my seatbelt and locked the car, walking towards the other side and opening Hailee's door for her. 

"I can open a door." She said.

"I know you can but I did it for you." She shook her head and walked a few steps forward before realising she didn't know where to go. "Hey, wait a second." I grabbed her wrist and turned her to face me. "Are you actually mad at me?" 

She shook her head again but this time not in an aggressive way like before. Her top lip was drawn between her teeth and when she met my eyes, I noticed hers were full of tears, begging to fall.

"Hey. What's wrong?" I asked. There was no way that me not telling her where I was taking her and me opening her door for her lead to this.

"I don't know." She whispered trying not to cry.

"Oh, babe." I hugged her and she hid her head in the crook of my neck. I realised this was her hormones, the same thing happened with Sarah around this far along. "Do you want to go home?" I offered and she nodded. 

We got in the car and started driving back in silence while I let her compose herself. "Wait, your plans!" She realised after a few minutes of driving. 

"It was only an arcade. Nothing too special." I interlaced her fingers with mine and kissed the back of her hand in reassurance. "How about we make dinner together? We can stop via the store and get what ever you want to make." I offered after a few more minutes. 

"Sure. We should make something Italian." She suggested. "Like lasagne." 

"Now that- that I can make." I agreed and took the turning towards the store. 

"Can you get the tomato sauce please?" I asked her as I directed her to the aisle they're found. She went to get that while I finished getting everything else I needed. 

What should have only taken a minute or two for her to get, ended up lasting much longer. I'd gotten everything else so went looking for her. She wasn't down the aisle she should have been- which worried me. I started searching all around the store for her, only to find her in the baby section which was on route to the tomato aisle. 

"Babe." I dragged out as she turned around holding a stuffed elephant.

"Yeah, I know." She sighed when I stook next to her. "But look how cute." She pouted and showed me the elephant and a lion.

"Babe, we can get these at home. They'd just take up space in our suitcases." I reminded her. 

"What if they don't though? Maybe all Target's don't have the same stock. What if you can only get these in Georgia?" She protested, I just gave her a pointed look. She knew how ridiculous her argument was. "Okay, but the twins would love them." She argued.