Chapter 25

Hailee POV
I was super nervous to meet Y/n's family. More so than you normally would be if you were meeting your partners family, because I was worried they would judge us, me. I understand it's not a traditional way to start a family but Y/n and I are happy to do this together, and are happy together. 

I didn't have much time to worry about that because before I knew it Dylan was practically running through the airport towards where their Aunt Kate and Uncle Sam were waiting to pick us up. 

It was natural instinct for me to look around, checking for paparazzi but much to my relief, there was none in sight. 

"Sam!" Dylan shouted to get his attention. The uncle and his wife turned around, spotting us; both sporting wide beaming smiles, taking part of my worry away. 

"Hey, Dyl!" Sam hugged his nephew as Y/n hugged Kate, before they switched and Y/n returned to my side. 

"Uncle Sam, Kate, this is my girl, Hailee." Y/n introduced me. Hearing him call me 'his girl' to other people gave me a warm feeling inside. I know it's not like being his girlfriend or anything but it's one step closer to an official relationship. 

"It's so nice to meet you Hailee, Y/n's told us lots about you already." Sam greeted me with a firm handshake. 

"I'm Kate. It's great to have you here." Kate said as I put my hand out for her to shake. "Don't be silly." She pushed my hand away playfully and pulled me in for a hug. 

"Thank you guys for having me. Y/n's told me a lot about you both." We made our way out to the car. Although we were 5 adults, it was still spacious. It was a matte black Volvo SUV with plenty of space in the back for our bags and suitcases. Sam and Kate sat in the front seats and Dylan sat on the left, Y/n in the middle and myself on the right in the back row of seats. 

"It's a fair bits drive so if anyone needs to stop, give a holler." Sam said before turning on the radio and letting it play at a loud enough level to hear it without struggle but quiet enough to talk over it if desired. 

"You look hot." Y/n said quietly to me. 

"Thanks?" I replied unsure of what to say.

"I meant temperature." He clarified, making me flush red not realising that was what he meant.

He wasn't wrong though. During the journey I began to feel the higher humidity and heat than in LA in November time. I wanted to take the hoodie I was wearing off but I was more than aware that if I did, the bump would become visible. I wasn't sure at what point Y/n wanted to tell them about it so I decided not to.

"Why don't you take your hoodie off? Or should I say my hoodie off." He teased realising I was once again wearing his clothes. 

"I didn't want to ruin you plan about, you know what." I didn't say specifically in case they could hear but put a hand on my stomach so Y/n knew for sure what I was referring to.

"Ahh." He nodded in understanding. "If you want, you can take it off in the car and put it back on before we get out. They won't notice while were sat and even so, they wouldn't say anything." He reassured me and placed a kiss to my temple. 

The drive took around two and a half hours. During that time Sam, Y/n and Dylan were discussing about what tasks they were going to get done on the farm during the week we were here. Y/n also told me of a few places he wanted to take me around town, mainly places from his childhood. 

3rd person POV
When they pulled up at the farm, they all got out of the car as normal. Y/n and Hailee thinking nothing of their first conversation in the car, not thinking about putting the hoodie back in.

Hailee, being on of the first out of the car along with Kate, continued their conversation, now face to face. Hailee looked over the top of the car to Dylan as they chipped in on the conversation but Kate noticed the fairly sizable bump that Hailee had left exposed. 

Out of natural instinct, Kate gasped as her eyes widened. This happened simultaneously as Y/n got out of the car, noticing what had happened, Hailee still oblivious. Kates eyes drifted to Y/n who gave her a pleading look not to say anything as to not ruin the surprise for the others. She nodded back and helped her husband get the bags while Y/n handed Hailee her hoodie to put back on.

"Sam, why don't you show Dylan to their room and I'll take Y/n and Hailee to theirs and then we'll reconvene in the living room." Kate said, leaving no time for anyone to argue as she lead Y/n and Hailee down one end of the hall, leaving Dylan and Sam to go the other way. 

"Just in here." Kate went through the end door and acted normal until it was shut. "Why didn't you say anything?! I'm so happy for you!" Kate pulled Y/n into a hug, congratulating him. "Come here, Hailee." Kate pulled her in for their second hug. "This is so exciting!" Y/n wasn't surprised by her constant rambling or excitement. This was how she acted every time someone was having a baby. "How far along are you? Do you know the gender? Any name ideas yet?"

"Aunt Kate, breathe." Y/n tried to calm his aunt from the seven thousand questions she was throwing at the two. "We're around 6 months and to the other questions, we'll answer them when we tell the others." Y/n told her, leaving no room to negotiate. 

"How are you feeling?" Kate asked with a motherly tone as she put a hand on the boys arm. "Especially after Sarah, I couldn't imagine-"

"Kate!" Y/n stopped her with his eyes blown wide with worry. She'd just partly let out the secret that Y/n didn't want Hailee to know about, not yet at least. 

"Oh, you haven't told her." Kate said in realisation as Y/n covered his face with his hands and sighed.

"Told me what? Who's Sarah? What's going on?" Hailee asked worriedly.

"I'll give you guys a moment." Kate said in an apologetic tone, slipping out the door. 

"Thanks, Kate." Y/n groaned sarcastically. He sat down on the edge of the bed and rested his head on his hands which his elbows where leaning on his knees. Hailee remained stood in front of him in a somewhat intimidating stance.

"What's going on, Y/n?" Hailee demanded to know.

Kate knows and has let Y/n's secret slip...