Chapter 9

Y/n POV
"I'm gonna.." I had to think about what I wanted to do. "I'm gonna stay at Dylan's for.. I don't know long, a few days maybe. I just need some time to clear my head before I say something I'll regret later." I said getting up and walking to the shoe rack. I slipped on my sneakers, picked up my keys and left not letting Hailee say anything else. 

Part of me couldn't believe the situation. This just gets more and more crazy. It doesn't seem real; as if I'm going to wake up in my old apartment and realise that none of this was true. It was all a dream inside my head. Firstly, I have a one night stand which is nothing like me. Then I find out that from that one night I got her pregnant and now the baby might not even be mine. This is ridiculous. How is this my life?

I drove to Dylan's and knocked on their door. Only then did I realise it was nearly 11pm and they were probably asleep but they opened anyway.

"Y/n? It's nearly 11pm, what's wrong?" They questioned as I walked into the house.

"I needed to get away from Hailee. I didn't want to say anything that would hurt her and if I stayed there I would have definitely done that." I told them as I walked into the living room to sit on one of their arm chairs.

"I'm confused. Walk me through it all." So I did. I told him about Joe and his sudden accusation, I told him that there was a chance it was Joe's baby rather than mine and I told him that I was going to get Hailee to do a DNA test on the baby. "I hate to say it right now but, I told you so." I knew what they was talking about. When I first told them about the whole situation with Hailee they was cautious. They told me it was too good to be true and that there was no chance it was as simple as that. In a way, I suppose he was right but also Hailee said she forgot about sleeping with Joe as recently as she had before me. Maybe I'm stupid for it but I believe her. I don't think she called me because she wanted the baby to have a dad and Joe isn't fit to be a dad. I don't think she was using her social status to make me believe her to mess with me. I trust her.

"Don't be like that, Dylan. Can I stay here for a couple days? I need time to sort things out in my head first. Gather my thoughts y'know?" I  explained. He agreed and let me crash on his couch for as long as I needed.

Hailee POV
Once Y/n left, I couldn't help but start to cry. I knew it was my fault for him leaving but I still felt sorry for myself. I did the same thing I always do when I either need advice or need someone to scold me, now I feel like its both, so I called Griffin. 

I explained everything and Griff told me that it was my fault so I don't have any reason to feel sorry for myself. He explained to me how Y/n must have felt from a guys point of view and I started to understand more than I did. He mentioned that because Y/n wasn't close with his family, he was most likely hoping that the baby and I would be that family. 

With much debating between Griff and I, I decided to leave Y/n alone for a few days. I know that his job is high pressure so everything could easily get too much for him and I don't want to add more to his plate and cause more stress. 

All I can do now is wait for him to text me or come home.

Y/n POV
The next few days were glum. The normal LA weather of clear blue sky's and a bright shining sun had turned to rainy, windy and cloudy, as if nature it's self knew what was going on. Everyday was the same, get up, go to work, come home, eat, sleep. Work was boring as hell since I had recently closed a few cases so all I had to do was paper work. It was tedious but I got through it.

Obviously I canceled mine and Hailee's date on Saturday but other than that I hadn't spoken to her. I had made the decision to wait until we knew who's baby it was before I spoke to her again. I'd go to the appointment with her tomorrow, since I had to because they needed my DNA to try to match with the baby's. If the baby wasn't mine, I'd move out and stay with Dylan until I found a place for myself again. If the baby was mine, I'd go back to Hailee's and we'd figure it out from there.

I had just gotten home from work when I heard my phone chime. I turned on the screen to see that Hailee's brother, Griffin, had messaged me on Instagram. I put down my bag and unlocked the screen to see what he had put.

Griffin Steinfeld
Hey, Y/n. Hailee told me she hadn't heard from you since Joe was there. I know you're pissed and you have every right to be but she's worried about you, could you just drop her a text and tell her you're safe?

I sighed at the message. Why did she get Griffin to message me and not do it herself?

Y/n L/n
Okay, I'll drop her a message. Thanks Griff

Why was I thanking him? No clue but it seemed like the polite thing to put. I was pissed at his sister not him so I still need to be polite to him.

Y/n 😝🤪
I'm okay. I'm staying at Dylan's. I'll see you tomorrow at the appointment.

I left the simple message in hopes that she won't ask any questions. She didn't know where Dylan lived so there was no harm there, she couldn't come knocking on the door. 

-------------
What would you have done in Y/n's situation?

Next chapters gonna be a rollercoaster, stay tuned for that....