Chapter 10

Y/n POV
I turned my phone off and went to the kitchen to start cooking dinner for when Dylan got home. I chose to make burritos since they were a favourite of Dylan's. While I was chopping the vegetables to put in the wraps, Dylan burst though the door.

"Y/n?" They called through the apartment.

"In the kitchen." I replied back simply since I wasn't going to keep shouting through the house at him. 

"Hey. How was your day?" They asked me as normal.

"Same as the past few days. Griffin messaged me asking me to message to Hailee but that's all that's new." I told him. "What about you?" I asked him.

"Same as you, accept the Griffin-Hailee stuff." He replied with a laugh. "What happened there?" He asked curiously.

"Griffin said Hailee was worried and asked me to message her that I was okay so I told her that I was staying with you and I'm okay, and also that I'll be at the appointment tomorrow. I had just sent the message minutes before you walked in." I explained to them.

"Tomorrow's the paternity test, right?" They asked to which I simply nodded. "Be honest with me, do you want it to be yours?" 

I thought long about his question, an obvious question yet one I hadn't thought about before. If it was Joe's baby instead of mine, it'd save me money and a few years before I get gray hairs, to put it simply. If it were mine though, I'd finally get my family, I'd get the happiness I'd been looking for so long. And I'd get Hailee. I don't think I could be with Hailee if it were Joe's baby not after believing it were my kid and then finding out it's not. I guess the pros out weigh the cons.

"Yes." I admitted. "After being made to believe that Hailee and I would have a future and a family together, it's all I can think about. About how happy we could be together. Me, her, the little baby. Then maybe we'd get married, if it all works out. The after that, another couple kids." I sighed out.

"But you're scared?" Dylan said as more of a statement than a question. Although I clearly didn't need to say anything for them to know they was right, I nodded my head. "Is it because of what happened with-?" They began to ask before I cut them off.

"Yes." I snapped. "Can we not talk about them, please?" I won't want to talk about them anyway especially not her, especially not during a shit time in my life like this. 

"Sorry. I shouldn't have brought it up." They apologized.

"No, you shouldn't have." I said slightly aggressively before turning back to the cooking.

The next day, my alarm woke me up. I looked at the time which read 6am. At first, I panicked because I usually get up at 4:30 to have time to go to the gym before work. After my mini freak-out, I realised I had the day off work since it was the day of the baby appointment.

I went to the gym before going to Hailee's, I haven't missed a day at the gym in three years and I'm not going to start now (except Easter and Christmas but who goes to the gym then anyway?).

Pulling up outside Hailee's made me feel more anxious then I already was. Today is the day that we find out who the dad actually is. I coughed up the courage to get out of the car and used my keys to open the front door, it's still technically my house too. 

I went upstairs to Hailee's room and knocked on her closed door. I received no reply so knocked louder and harder. Again, nothing, so I took it upon myself to open the door slowly. Once I was in the room I realised the reason why I had no reply. Hailee was laid in the middle of her bed, hugging a pillow which I realised didn't belong in here. It was a pillow from my bed. I smiled at the sight in front of me.

Only then did I realise how much it will break us both if this baby is Joe's. Over the few months we've known each other, we've become closer and she means a lot to me and I'm confident to say that she feels the same way. 

I know she doesn't love Joe, maybe she did once but I could tell by the way she reacted when he was here, he's hurt her before. I don't know how long for or in what ways but I've come to know Hailee and I know her better than I know myself at times. 

Maybe it was bad but I wanted to move the pillow from her grasp and lay next to her and let her latch onto my own body like that. I don't know if I felt like that because I missed being held like that or because it was Hailee. Either way, I didn't do it. 

Instead, I crouched down next to her and moved the pillow so that I could properly see her beautiful face. 

Even asleep she looks like a goddess. What are you doing to me Hailee?

"Hailee." I gently moved the few stray stands of hair from her face and grazed my hand up and down her arm. "Wake up, Hailee. We have the baby's appointment today." I spoke quietly and softly so that I wouldn't scare her. She groaned and stretched her limbs lazily without opening her eyes before stuffing her face back into the pillow of mine that she had. After a minute, she moved her head away from the pillow and slowly fluttered her eyes open.

Gosh, I can get lost in those eyes.

"Good morning, sunshine." I smirked at her sleepy state. 

"Ugh." She groaned and stuffed her face back into the pillow. "What time is it?" She asked groggily. 

I turned my wrist to check to time on my watch. "9:47. The appointment's not until 12:30, don't worry. You've got time." I smiled at her. "I'm making food. You want anything?" I offered as I stood up from beside her bed. 

"Can you make me some eggs and bacon please?" She asked using her 'puppy dog eyes' as she calls them.

"Of course. How do you want your eggs? Scrambled? Fried? Poached?" I asked.

"Scrambled please." She requested dragging out the 'e' of the please in her playful mood.

"As you wish, m'lady." I playfully bowed before going downstairs to make breakfast. 

----------
I'm back from holiday and back to writing!

I know last chapter I said this one would be a big rollercoaster but I decided to make this one a filler chapter and then the next one will be the big one, it'll most likely be a longer chapter than normal (normal is about 1k words).

I haven't done it every chapter in this book like I did with my Elizabeth Olsen book but remember to eat, drink and get some sleep and take care of yourselves. If anyone needs to talk or just someone to vent to, my DM's are open :)