Eddie Munson X Reader - Baby Jane

A/N - This chapter was inspired by the song Baby Jane by Rod Stewart. I hope you all enjoy it.

When the cheerleaders had decided to accept you into their ranks, you had been delighted. Ever since you had moved to Hawkins in Junior High, you had been invisible, but then, in the summer going into your senior year of High School, it was as if everything had shifted. You'd grown out of your baby face, and your mom had finally put her foot down and stopped you from stealing your brother's band-tees, and suddenly people were noticing you. People wanted to be friends with you. They wanted you to come to parties and basketball games and to hang out at the mall. You'd even been invited to sit at one of the popular tables, surrounded by cheerleaders and basketball players and some of the coolest kids in school. 

In fact, it had all been going perfectly, until Eddie had decided to greet you in the hallway between classes, offering you the smile that had always left your stomach filled with butterflies before. 

"We need someone to sit in on Hellfire Club on Friday. Jeff's mom is making him drive up to Indianapolis to see his Grandma and you'd be doing me a massive favour if you could come."

You stayed silent for a moment, your eyes widening as you heard the other girls giggling behind you, whispering between themselves.

"I promise you won't even have to do any of the difficult stuff," he pressed on. "I'll walk you through all of it; help you make all the right decisions; tell you what dice to roll when. It'll be fun."

"Y/N, we're going to be late for class. Tell the freak to get lost and hurry up," one of the girls bit out, grabbing you by the elbow and sneering across you at Eddie. "She doesn't want to play your creepy devil-worship game, loser," she added, tugging you away from Eddie and hurrying you back towards the group of girls. "God, why would he ever think he could even talk to you, let alone ask you to join his stupid club?" she grumbled, hooking her arm through yours as you fell into step beside her. "Like you would ever want to go to something that lame."

You forced out an attempt at a lighthearted chuckle, risking a glance over your shoulder to find Eddie still watching you as you made your way towards your class. 

*Time Skip*

You felt sick as you waited outside of the drama hall, listening to the boys inside clamouring about their game, all gathering their stuff together. You'd dipped out of the game early to make sure you would make it here in time to catch Eddie. Honestly, you'd been feeling so guilty ever since your interaction in the hallway the other day that you hadn't been able to stop thinking about him, and you knew that you would have to apologise sooner or later. 

The doors clattered open and the group came bundling out into the hallway, led by Eddie himself. 

"Hi," you started, your voice getting stuck in your throat when he set his eyes on you, a deep frown pulling at his features. 

"Thought you were too busy for Hellfire," he muttered, gesturing for the other guys to clear out and leave the two of you alone. 

You waited patiently as they left, the door banging shut behind them. And then you cleared your throat. "I'm sorry for what she said," you started again, watching as he moved to lean against the wall. "You know I don't think you're a freak, Ed, but those girls would ditch me in a second if they knew we were friends-"

"Would that be such a bad thing?" he murmured, shrugging slightly. "The way I see it, you're just faking being some uptight popular girl to make them like you, but they aren't worth a minute of your time," his words trailed off and he shook his head. "Or at least, they weren't a couple of months ago, but now, I'm not so sure."

"What's that supposed to mean?" you bit out, shooting him a glare.

Eddie let out a sharp chuckle, his tongue running over his teeth. "You would've hated those girls last year, but now you're turning into one of them. I mean, look at you. Since when did you dress like this?" He reached out, his fingers brushing the sleeve of your pink dress. "Come on, pink?" 

"The lady in the store told me it suited my skin tone," you murmured, your eyes dropping to stare at your feet. 

"Don't get me wrong, Sweetheart, you'd look beautiful in anything. But this just isn't you, is it?" 

You swallowed around the lump in your throat. "You think I'm beautiful?"

Eddie let out a snort of laughter. "That's really the thing you're going to focus on, huh?" he murmured, shifting a little closer to you. "Of course, I think you're beautiful. Christ, you're my dream girl. But I don't think those girls that you call friends would be very happy with me hanging around declaring my love for you, now, would they?"

"You never did before-"

"Bullshit," he bit out, silencing you. "Sweetheart, I've been basically attached to you by the hip for years. I beat the shit out of Mike Lewenski in 9th grade because he made you cry. I've been trying to show you that I'm in love with you since we were in Junior High and you were just so sweet and innocent that you didn't notice."

"Oh," you murmured. "I always just thought you felt sorry for me, or something. I never thought that you-" your words trailed off into nothingness. "I'm so sorry, Eddie." 

He shrugged slightly. "It's fine. I'll get over it, I guess."

"No," you bit out, looking a little flustered. "I don't want you to get over it. I'm just sorry it took me so long to realise that you like me too." 

He let out a small snort of laughter. "See, you've been around those girls so long that I can't tell if you're just messing with me, or if you mean that."

You offered up a small smile. "I mean it. I really really mean it, Ed." You paused for a moment, shaking your head. "And if they don't like it, then they can just fuck off, can't they? Who needs girls like that when I've got you guys?" 

Eddie pushed off of the wall, shrugging out of his jean jacket as he went. "I've imagined you wearing this since I got it," he hummed, holding it out to you and grinning when you turned to slip your arm into it. When you turned to face him, he brushed your hair back out of your face, watching as a smile blossomed on your features. "Beautiful," he uttered, drawing you into a gentle kiss. 

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x