Eddie Munson X Reader - Think About Things

A/N - This chapter was inspired by the song Think About Things by Daði Freyr. I hope you all enjoy it.

One of your favourite pastimes had always involved Eddie. Even before you had started dating, you loved just listening to him talk. It didn't even really matter what the subject was either. As long as he was interested in it, he could talk about it with so much passion that it would effortlessly draw you in. Hell, you had volumes of knowledge about bands you'd never even listened to and novels you never intended to read, all tucked away somewhere in the back of your mind. 

Now that you were dating, your fondness for his chatter had only grown. You would lay with your head in his lap, his fingers running over your scalp as he nattered on and on about something. It was probably one of the best parts of your day, unwinding whilst he taught you about a completely new topic. Sometimes, he'd get so into it that he'd be wriggling too, his hands leaving your hair entirely to gesture wildly above your head. It was one of the cutest things you'd ever seen. 

It was on one of those evenings that Eddie had caught you giggling, looking up at him from your position in his lap, and his words had fallen off, leaving him completely silent. 

"Sorry," he murmured, returning his hands to their position on your head and staying quiet for a moment. 

"Keep telling me about Kyuss, Baby," you hummed out, reaching up to lightly bop him on the nose. "The worm that walks," you pressed on, trying to lure him into talking. "Just a big dude made up of lots of worms," you told him, nose wrinkled up in mock disgust at the description he'd given you before.

He was frowning softly, keeping his eyes turned away from yours, his cheeks tinted red. "You don't have to pretend you like listening, you know?"

Your brow furrowed as you sat up from his lap, staring at him in confusion. "I'm not pretending-"

"It's boring. I know it is. Sometimes I just forget to filter out my thoughts and-"

"It's not boring," you bit at him, silencing him effortlessly. "I am listening and I like the way you teach me stuff. It's cool."

"It's not cool," he grumbled, shifting awkwardly on the spot, shuffling on the couch cushions as you watched him. "It's lame."

You were glaring at him now. "Don't say that. It's not lame." 

Eddie looked a little shocked by your expression, unsure of how he'd gotten you so upset so quickly. "Why are you mad?"

"Because it's not lame," you bit back at him. "Nothing you do is lame," you pressed on, shaking your head. "And just because other people might not like it, doesn't mean I don't."

He nodded slightly, still looking so confused that it made you want to laugh. 

"Dating you is like having my own walking talking encyclopedia of nerd shit and I love it. I like listening to you. You could tell me anything and I would be fixated on it, alright?" You paused for a moment. "And I don't think there's anything lame about that."

"Okay," he murmured, a small smile pulling at the corner of his lips. "You really like learning nerd stuff?"

A soft chuckle slipped out of you as you shuffled closer to him. "Test me. Ask me anything."

He raised an eyebrow at you, head tilting to the side. "Okay," he hummed, clearly wracking his brain for a good question. "When Tolkein first started writing The Lord of The Rings, who was the main protagonist?"

"You're kidding, right? That's so easy," you teased, grinning at him. "Bingo Baggins; Bilbo's son." 

He sucked in a breath. "Shit, you have been listening," he chuckled, his tongue darting out to wet his bottom lip. "Alright, where was Tolkein when he came up with the 'One Ring To Rule Them All' text?"

"He was in the tub," you told him, shuffling ever closer on your knees until they were pressed into the side of his thigh. "You want me to recite the poem to you, Baby?"

Eddie snorted. "You think you can?"

"Three rings for the Elven-kings under the sky, seven for the dwarf-lords in their halls of stone, nine for mortal men doomed to die, one for the dark lord on his dark throne in the land of Mordor where the shadows lie. One ring to rule them all. One ring to find them, one ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them in the land of Mordor where the shadows lie." You were still grinning when you finished. "Did I get it right?"

"You nailed it, Baby," he hummed, letting out a soft sigh. "Shit, you're a total nerd, you know that? Reciting Lord of the Rings quotes like its nothing," he breathed out, reaching up to draw you into a quick kiss. "You've got to be the hottest nerd I've ever met," he mumbled against your lip, drawing a chuckle out of you. 

"Funny," you murmured. "I was going to say the same thing about you," you told him, squealing when he pulled you closer, leaving you splayed out awkwardly against his chest. 

"God, I'm so lucky I met you," he hummed, smiling softly at you, your faces so close together that you could feel his breath on your face. "I mean, come on, who else would sit a listen to me like you do?"

You pecked his lips again, pulling back just slightly. "Just promise you'll never stop telling me about this stuff?"

"I promise, Baby."

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x