Eddie Munson X Reader - Dancing Shoes

A/N - This chapter was inspired by the song Dancing Shoes by the Arctic Monkeys. This one might get a second part at some point if I can figure out what to do with it. I hope you all enjoy it. 

This was possibly the biggest night of Corroded Coffin's career. Eddie could feel it in the air. There was this electricity that seemed to crackle as he hovered backstage, waiting to start the set. I mean, it wasn't long ago that they'd been playing run-down bars in the middle of nowhere and now here they were on a proper stage with an audience made up of people who actually knew who they were. 

The boys had been bubbling with excitement ever since they got the call that they would be playing the Vogue Theatre. I mean, come on. The Ramones had played here. Blondie had played here. Joan Jett had even graced the stage a couple of times. And now, they would be standing right where they stood and performing in a room that could hold up to 950 people. It was totally insane. 

Eddie took a deep breath as the compére welcomed the band to the stage, and then, he was walking out into the bright lights and part of his went blank. Shit. 950 didn't seem like that many when you said it, but seeing that many people in one place was total madness. 950. Nine-hundred and fifty. That's almost a thousand. It was barely comprehendible. 

When the music started, Eddie tried to blank out the crowd. Sure, it was nice to see that so many people were coming to listen to them play, but it was also a little overwhelming. 

When he did finally risk a peek up at the front row of people, he'd noticed you immediately, and something in his brain had switched, his fingers moving on the guitar from sheer muscle memory alone. You were right up against the barrier, bopping along to the music as if you were the only person in the room, and clearly having the time of your life. And God, if you weren't the most beautiful person Eddie had ever seen. 

He could've sworn he spent the vast majority of the set staring, but it wasn't until the encore that you really looked his way. Your eyes met his and a sweet smile pulled at your lips as you wiggled your fingers in a cute little wave. And he was done for. At that moment, he knew that you were it. You were the one. Someday, you were going to be his wife.

Your smile grew into a grin when you caught him biting his bottom lip, his cheeks tinted a pretty shade of pink as he kept watching you. And though you would never admit it, you'd been thinking the exact same thing. Eddie Munson was your dream man. He was pretty and talented and he looked like a total deviant, but at the same time gave off a gentle energy that had drawn you in from the moment you'd first seen him. 

As soon as Eddie was off stage, still risking a glance back at you leaning up against the front of the stage, he grabbed one of the theatre's employees and dragged him over so that you were just in his line of sight. "Can you ask her to come back here for a minute?"

The man had agreed, reluctantly, and gone on his mission to find you, and Eddie had spent the next 10 minutes pacing. Maybe he'd read the situation wrong. Maybe you just liked the music. Maybe you would think he was a total creep for asking you backstage at one of his shows-

"Hi," you started, and his attention immediately focused on you. "You're the guitar player, right?"

"Eddie," he supplied, nodding slightly. "Sorry, I've never done this before, but I saw you dancing and you just looked so pretty-"

"I'm Y/N," you interrupted, offering him that sweet smile again and making his stomach erupt with butterflies. 

He nodded. "Well, Y/N, I think you're beautiful."

You let out a soft bubble of laughter at his comment, biting on your bottom lip to try and hold back the absolutely massive smile that wanted to break free. "That's cute," you hummed. 

"I was wondering if you were busy now or if I could take you for a drink?"

Your smile faltered slightly. "I'm with my friends tonight. They'll get really tetchy if I ditch," you murmured. "But if you plan on coming back to Indianapolis, I have a phone number," you pressed on. 

"Yes," he started, a little too rushed for his own liking. "Yeah, your number would be perfect. We're actually only based an hour out of Indianapolis, at the moment, so I can come up whenever suits you."

There it was again, that smile that made his heart sing. "Perfect," you hummed out. "Do you have a pen?"

Eddie nodded, digging into his guitar case in search of a marker pen and then freezing as he realised he didn't have anything for you to write on. He held out the pen, and then extended his arm to you, watching as you spread your fingers out across his forearm, etching your number onto his skin. 

"There," you breathed, smiling at your artwork, your phone number, followed by a little star. "I'll be waiting on your call," you told him, your fingers lingering for just a second longer before retreating. "I'll see you around, Rock Star," you teased, turning on your heel and leaving him backstage as you made your way back to your friends outside. 

"Shit," Eddie murmured as Jeff approached, beaming at the interaction he'd just witnessed. "I'm going to marry that girl-" he pressed on, a goofy grin pulling at his features.

"She's going to eat you alive," Jeff corrected, slapping his friend on the back and dragging him over to the rest of the band to celebrate their first proper gig.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x