Steve Harrington X Munson!Reader - Don't Stop Me Now

A/N - This chapter was sort of inspired by the song Don't Stop Me Now by Queen. Reader is Eddie's little sister, so is the same age as Steve, and this is set in 1985, just before season 3. I hope you all enjoy it.

"Queen?" Steve murmured, nose wrinkled up at the new piece of information he'd just learnt about you. "They're really your favourite band? That's the sort of stuff dads listen to-"

"Uncle Wayne used to play their tapes in the car when I was little," you interrupted. "And it sort of just stuck. I mean, they've never put out a bad album," you rattled on, looking all too content to defend your choices.

"Yeah, they're a good band, but they're old, Babe-"

"They aren't that old," you told him, shaking your head. 

"Freddie Mercury has got to be like 40-"

"38," you corrected, raising an eyebrow at him as if begging him to argue with you. "And age doesn't matter, anyway. They're rockstars. Rockstars don't get old."

Steve chuckled slightly, his head tilted to the side as he smiled at you. "Whatever you say, Babe," he hummed, making your smile come back full force. "Best song. Best Album. Go."

"Best album is A Day At The Races circa 1976. I mean, come on; Somebody to Love, Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy, and Tie Your Mother Down all on one album? You just can't get better than that," you told him, looking fit to burst with how excited you were to be sharing your opinions with him. "Best song has got to be Don't Stop Me Now, but that's on their second best album, Jazz, which came out in 1978," you pressed on, hesitating when you caught him grinning in your direction. "Quit laughing at me-"

"I'm not laughing, Baby," he corrected, catching your hand in his and tugging you towards him to kiss you quickly. "I guess if your love of Queen is the worst thing about you, then I hit the jackpot," he teased, snorting with laughter when you rolled your eyes at him. "I can get used to listening to them from time to time," he added.

*Time Skip*

A couple of weeks later, you'd been lounging around the trailer with Steve after school. You'd immediately flumped down on the couch, letting out a heavy sigh. School had always been tough, but senior year was absolutely kicking your ass and you were completely exhausted by the end of the week. 

Steve had stopped by your record player, flicking through the collection of albums until he landed on one he knew you'd love. 

Your head popped up when the first word of the song started, confused eyes landing on Steve's figure on the other side of the room. 

Tonight, I'm gonna have myself a real good time- 

"What are you doing?" you hummed out, pushing yourself up on your knees to look at him properly, your head tipped to the side like a curious puppy. He glanced over his shoulder at you, offering you a sweet smile but no answer. "Steve?"

I feel ali-i-i-ive

Steve wandered over a little closer to you, dumping his backpack onto the far end of the sofa, grinning over at you when you watched him carefully. 

And the world, I'll turn it inside out, yeah. I'm floating around in ecstasy. 

Steve's hand suddenly flew up above him in a dramatic air grab, drawing a shocked bubble of laughter out of you. 

So, don't stop me now. Don't stop me, 'cause I'm having a good time. Having a good time.

A fit of giggles fell from your parted lips as he began lip-syncing the song, clinging to a non-existent microphone and bobbing his head as though he was performing to a sea of adoring fans rather than just you.