Steve Harrington X Henderson!Reader - Young Volcanoes

A/N - This chapter was inspired by the song Young Volcanoes by Fall Out Boy. It's set during Season Two, but let's pretend that Steve and Nancy broke up during Season One and he and Reader have been together for a while. The reader is Dustin's older sister. I hope you all enjoy it. 

You had been on edge as soon as you heard the car pulling up to the front of the house. No one should be here, not right now, and part of you knew deep down that there wouldn't be a good ending to whatever was about to happen. 

"Stay away from the windows," you bit out, grabbing Dustin and tugging him out of view as quickly as you could manage and you sent a wide-eyed glance at Steve. "Who is it?"

"It's Billy," Max uttered, and you immediately tensed. Billy was an asshole at the best of times, but showing up here meant that he was on a war path. He would never have come over to the Byers' house usually. 

You pressed your thumbs into your temples as you tried to think, your brain running at a mile a minute as you searched for any solution to your newest problem. 

"I'll go and tell him to clear off-"

You scoffed, silencing Steve before he could finish his sentence. "You're kidding, right?" you murmured. "He's hated you since he first set eyes on you. You going out there won't help anything." 

"He'll flip if he finds Max here," Lucas supplied, rather unhelpfully. "Especially if he sees me here, too-"

"It's fine," you interrupted. "I'll go and talk to him, ask him nicely to get lost-"

"Baby," Steve hummed, shaking his head slightly. "I don't trust him."

"We don't have to trust him," you murmured. "We just need him out of here as soon as possible, right? I can get rid of him."

Steve let out a soft sigh, looking torn. "Fine. But you stay at the door. Don't give him a reason to stick around any longer than he has to, alright?"

"Alright," you agreed, clearing your throat as you unlocked the door, stepping out onto the porch and tugging it shut behind you.  

A small smile pulled at Billy's lips when he saw you appear, leaning against the hood of his car and watching you like he was stalking his prey. "Hey, Sweetheart," he murmured, flicking his cigarette to the ground and stomping it out. 

"Billy," you greeted, keeping your voice as calm as you could manage. "What are you doing out here?"

His tongue ran over his bottom lip as he pushed up to stand to his full height, still far enough away that you could stay calm. "I could ask you the same question. This is the Byers' place, right?"

"Right," you agreed. "I babysit for them from time to time. Will is friends with my brother-"

"You babysitting my sister too?"

You let your brow furrow slightly, a faux look of confusion painting your features. "Your sister?"

"Well," he hummed out. "Step-sister. Maxine."

You shook your head slightly. "I don't know anyone called Maxine."

Billy winced slightly. "Why are you lying to me, Sweetheart?" he uttered, his eyes darting towards the window, and you immediately knew that they had all been spotted, watching you from the safety of the house. "Harrington really sending you out here to do his dirty work for him? What kind of boyfriend-"

"What do you want, Billy?"

His smile completely dropped from his features at your interruption, his jaw tightening. "I'm here to take Maxine home."