Steve Harrington X Hargrove!Reader - Only Angel

A/N - This chapter was inspired by the song Only Angel by Harry Styles. (Just a little insight into my writing style; I have a notes page on my phone of ideas that come to me when I'm listening to music or just thinking before bed, and the note for this chapter was just "She's a bit of a tease; he's a total simp.") Reader is Billy's twin sister and probably the only person he's actually nice to, and this is set during season 2 after they've just moved to Hawkins. I hope you all enjoy it. 

Steve had tried not to stare, he really had, but the skirt you were wearing was just so pretty on you. I mean, it would be a crime not to look, right? It would be his biggest regret in life not to appreciate how good you actually looked. 

So, despite his best efforts, he was definitely staring at you, a dopey, half-smile pulling at his lips until you glanced in his direction, a smirk painting your features. 

You knew what you were doing, of course, you did. Steve had been hopelessly in love with you from the moment he had first set eyes on you, and he hadn't done a great job of hiding it, even if he thought he had. 

You lifted your hand, sending him a little wave that made his eyes widen in horror. He'd been caught, there was no way of hiding that. 

Steve was basically choking on his own spit as he looked away from you, trying to keep his composure whilst you watched on, enjoying his flustered response a little too much. 

In all fairness, he wasn't the only one with a crush. You'd thought he was cute from the moment you'd met him, even if he was a bit too square for your usual taste. And then you'd seen the effect you could have on him and it had solidified just how much you liked him. 

You approached whilst he was still distracted, trying to clear his airways. 

"It's nice, huh?" you hummed, biting down on your bottom lip when his eyes focused on you, looking completely lost at your attempt to draw him into a conversation. "The skirt," you explained, smirking slightly. "It's really pretty, isn't it?"

He nodded, swallowing around the lump in his throat. "It's lovely," he agreed, his voice thick and awkward.

"I knew you'd like it," you chuckled, giving his shoulder a gentle shove. "Billy said it was too short for school, but I told him no one would mind," you pressed on. "You don't think it's too short, do you?"

Steve stuttered for a moment, shaking his head. "No, it's- uh- it's plenty long," he mumbled, an awkward smile contorting his features. "Really nice," he pressed on, watching your head tilt to the side as you grinned at him. 

"Oh, you're too sweet," you hummed out, brushing your hands over the front of your skirt, drawing his attention back to it. "I'll see you around, Stevie."

With that, you went skipping away, with Steve's eyes following you until you were completely out of sight. 

You probably should've felt bad playing with him the way you did. He was practically incapable of functioning properly in your presence. But that was what made it so enjoyable. His attention made you feel so good that it was difficult to imagine giving it up and knowing you could get him so worked up only made it better. And it's not like he didn't enjoy it either. You saw the way he blushed when you would make a vaguely suggestive comment; the way he seemed to preen at ever the lightest of touches you would give him. He was loving it as much as you did. 

"You're playing a dangerous game," Billy hummed, sidling up beside you, falling into step at your side. He tended to spend most of his time lecturing you these days, especially when it came to Steve. 

"He's a nice guy-"

"Yep, which is exactly why he's going to end up breaking your heart," he interrupted. "Steve doesn't know how to handle someone who isn't an angel," he added.

Your brow furrowed. "Are you saying I'm not good enough for him?"

"That's not what I said-"

"I could be an angel if I wanted to be," you muttered, sending him a sharp glare. "Just you wait and see," you pressed on. "I'm going to be so fucking angelic; you wont know what hit you."

Billy let out a choked snort of laughter. "Pretty sure an angel wouldn't use a word like fucking," he teased. "And they definitely wouldn't wear a skirt like that. But you're more than welcome to try and prove me wrong, even if I think the guy's a total fucking idiot-"

"He's not an idiot," you defended gently. "He's sweet," you added softly. "And you aren't allowed to go scaring him off, alright?"

Billy groaned slightly. "But-"

"Swear to me that you aren't going to interfere," you interrupted, holding out your pinky in his direction as he let out a frustrated sigh. 

"Fine," he muttered, linking his finger with yours. "But, if it all goes wrong I get to do what I want, okay?"

You shrugged slightly. "Deal."

*Time Skip*

You'd gone skipping over to Steve in the halls after school that day, grinning from ear to ear. 

"So," you started, watching as he swallowed harshly as he noticed your presence. "There's a movie marathon at the drive in this weekend," you pressed on, watching as he glanced around him, almost uncertain whether you were actually talking to him. "I think we should go."

His brow furrowed slightly. "Like you and me?"

A soft chuckle slipped out of you. "Well, yeah. Who else would I be talking about, Dummy?"

His mouth opened and closed. "Sure."

"Great. You can pick me up at 7," you told him, handing him a little folded up piece of paper. "That's my address and my phone number-"

"Will Billy not be pissed off?"

Your head tilted to the side, your smile fading ever so slightly. "Why?"

He shrugged. "I get the feeling he doesn't like me very much."

Another chuckle fell from your lips. "Ignore him; he doesn't like anyone. Especially not when they like me," you hummed out. "He can be pretty protective, but he'll be fine."

Steve nodded. "Alright."

"Great. I'll see you then, Stevie," you told him, biting down on your bottom lip as you skipped back to your locker, fully aware of his eyes trailing after you as they always did. 

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x