Eddie Munson X Reader - Fast Car (Part 3)

A/N - This is a follow-up to another series of chapters in this book. Please read those first. This one was a little bit inspired by the song Amazed by Lonestar. It's a little bit all over the place, but I hope you all enjoy it.

"You can't sleep in with me and Mommy forever, Angel. Especially not when you've got that nice big girl bed to sleep in," Eddie hummed, watching as your daughter frowned slightly. "Remember, you've got that pretty bedspread with the princesses on it?" he added. "And all your teddies are in there too, remember?"

She let out a sigh that was far too grown up for her age, her nose wrinkled up in frustration. "I can bring Big Ted in with you and Mommy?"

"No, Sweetheart. Big Ted is too big for Mommy and Daddy's bed." He paused for a moment, watching as she thought, the cogs turning in her head. "But you're a big girl now, aren't you, Angel? You can sleep in your own bed tonight with Big Ted. And we'll be right down the hall if you need us."

She still looked completely unconvinced, another frustrated sound slipping from her lips. "But what about the monsters?"

You hovered next to Eddie for a moment, watching the interaction with curiosity. In all fairness, Josie was getting a little too big to sleep in with you every night now, and it had been fine when you were still living out of one bedroom in Wayne's trailer, but now, when you had the extra room, it seemed silly not to be using it. 

"I'm going to go to the store and buy some anti-monster spray," he told her, completely straight-faced when his daughter's eyes widened slightly. "And we can spray it before you go to bed. That way, no monsters will come and get you, yeah?"

"Anti-monster spray?" she murmured.

"Absolutely, Sweetheart. Monsters don't like the smell. They stay well clear of any house that uses the stuff-"

You bit down on your bottom lip as you watched the two of them. Eddie had always had a wild imagination, a trait that he had clearly passed on to your daughter, but this level of quick thinking was something else entirely.

"So, are you going to sleep in your big girl bed tonight?" Josie nodded, a bright grin pulling at her features. "That's my good girl," Eddie hummed, pulling her into a tight hug. "Now, why don't you go grab your colouring pencils and we can draw some pretty pictures to go on the new fridge?" 

Josie skipped off into her bedroom to grab her pad and pencils, happily humming away as she went. 

"Monster repellant?" you murmured, watching as Eddie looked up at you with a lopsided smile. "Where are you going to find that?"

He shrugged slightly. "I'll stick a new label over a bottle of air freshener. She won't know the difference," he told you. "And then, I get you all to myself for an entire night."

You hummed out as he pulled you down into his lap, pressing a kiss to your cheek. "We haven't had a night to ourselves since we moved in," you reminded him softly. 

"I'm well aware, Baby. I've been missing having you all cuddled up to me without Josie passed out between us."

*Time Skip*

You were sitting in the middle of the bed, listening intently to the noises coming from down the hall. Eddie had made a proper show of scaring off the monsters, starting at the front door, and now the entire house smelt of fake vanilla, but if it got Josie sleeping in her own bed, you weren't about to complain.

The noises faded slightly, and then the door opened, revealing a grinning Eddie, arms held in the air in victory. "She's down for the count, Baby. No more little Angel hogging the sheets," he told you on a quiet cheer.