Billy Hargrove X Reader - It Will Rain

A/N - This chapter is loosely based on the song It Will Rain by Bruno Mars. Reader has a little sister in this chapter, who I pictured as being about 6. I hope you all enjoy it.

Billy had known from day one, that the main thing that would hinder your relationship would be your family. You'd always been pretty honest about how close you were, both with your parents and your little sister, and he was well aware that a guy with his reputation would always struggle to win over such a tight-knit family. But, he was willing to give it his best shot because, in all honesty, even the idea of losing you was enough to break his heart.

You'd been the first girl to actually look past the bravado and stupidity and find the man underneath it all. You'd treated him like an actual human being and it had been enough to make him fall in love with you, time and time again. 

So, when, a few months into your official relationship, you'd invited him for dinner at your house, he'd been nervous, to say the least. Hell, if he was a dad, he'd be weary of someone like him dating his daughter. In fact, he doubted he would let himself anywhere close to his family if he had one. 

"I don't know if that's a good idea," he murmured, pulling back to look down at you, your face all scrunched up in confusion whilst you were still huddled close into his chest, sapping up the warmth from his body. 

"Why not?"

He shrugged slightly, clearing his throat. "I don't think they're going to want me there, Baby-"

"They wouldn't have invited you if they didn't want you there," you hummed, pulling back a little further to look at him properly. "They want to meet you," you added softly, letting a small smile pull at your features.

"But-" his words trailed off as he watched your smile fade slightly. He let out a soft sigh, shaking his head. "What if they don't like me?" he murmured. "What if they think I'm bad for you?"

Your head tilted to the side slightly, your brow furrowing. "Why would they think that? You're a great guy-"

"I'm not though, am I?" he breathed, swallowing down the lump in your throat. "I mean, almost everyone in town knows about the fight with Harrington last year-"

"That was last year," you interrupted. "And as soon as they meet you, they'll know that isn't you, alright?" You paused for a moment, linking your fingers through his and dragging his hand up to your mouth, pressing a kiss to his knuckles. "Besides, they trust me. They know I wouldn't bring someone home if he wasn't worth loving. And you are more than worthy of being loved, alright? You're incredible-"

"I'm not-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence, Billy Hargrove," you bit out, silencing him before he could continue. "You are incredible and I love you, so deal with it." 

He wrapped his arms around you again, drawing you into a tight hug, your face pressed rather inelegantly into his chest. "I love you too, Baby," he hummed out, pressing a kiss to the top of your head.

*Time Skip*

Billy had gone full planning mode after that. He'd had the clothes he was going to wear prepped for over a week before dinner and he'd been saving up money to bring a gift with him. He'd even planned a couple of different conversation topics that he could bring up: Basketball; School; Cars; California. They were four things that he knew like the back of his hand, and God willing, he hoped they would be enough to get your dad talking too. 

When he'd knocked on the door, you'd been the one to greet him, your eyes widening when you found him shielded by flowers. 

"What's this?" you hummed, going up on tip toes to look over them at him and letting out a small chuckle.